[Parallels] So who's the audio performance?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by c-Row, Jun 20, 2006.

1. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

There are some audio applications and tools out there that held me back from completely switching to a Mac in the past - currently still running both a Win and a Mac machine. The software in question is Cool Edit Pro 2 (now Adobe Audition) and DeliPlayer, both which don't have a proper equivalent on OSX for me - DeliPlayer because of its unrivaled number of supported file formats, and Cool Edit Pro 2 for several scripts I use to clean my recordings from clicks and vinyl noise.

Now, Parallels would be the best choice for these, but I haven't read much feedback about its audio performance. Who has tried some applications and can shed a light on this issue?

Thanks. :)

2. c-Row thread starter macrumors 65816

c-Row

So.... I presume that all Parallels users turned either deaf or blind while using the program? Better watch out then... :eek:

;)

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No it's just that we dont use that app :) Nero wave editor seems to work for me so I guess those other apps should work....

4. c-Row thread starter macrumors 65816

c-Row

Just asking about general audio performance, no particular application. That bit about DeliPlayer and CEP was just some background info. ;)

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Try Boot Camp. Pretty much 100% efficient. Basically boots Windows on an Intel Mac. The only issue (unless you have an Intel Mac) is that an awful lot of music software still isn't available for Intel Macs...

6. c-Row thread starter macrumors 65816

c-Row

The music software I need is no problem. Those I got on my Mac are all universal already (Reason, Renoise, Ableton Live).

However, Boot Camp would just be the second best option for this specific task, and the question of audio performance under Parallels still remains unanswered... ;)