parallels, wont load XP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wizzerandchips, Dec 13, 2006.

1. wizzerandchips macrumors 6502

Just purchased parallels, but have tried to load 3 different XP home editions, but each one comes up as error 800D100 whilst trying to install XP, do I need to speak to techncal support at £0.60 a minute or has anyone had this problem and cured it. (I have a macbook). Tried searching on here but couldnt find an answer to my problem.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Did you purchase it off the web or boxed? If boxed get onto the Parallels website and download the most recent version. Also can you give us more details on the VM setup you are trying to install XP onto?

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Also are the XP version retail, boxed CDs or ones that came with machines. OEM CDs from machines often have slipstreamed drivers. The only reference I could find to that error on the web seemed to be something to do with unsigned slipstreamed drivers...

4. wizzerandchips thread starter macrumors 6502

purchased from the mac show here in the Uk, the tree XP disc's !, one with a machine, 1 a copy and one a seperate purchase, but all three came up with the same error. When you say what VM am I using not sure what you mean, just installed the software onto my MAcbook and followed instructions.

Ill look at there website. Thanks

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I mean the setup of the Virtual Machine you are running XP in, so the various things you configured inside Parallels like the virtual hard drive, optical devices etc...