Parallels workstation with ADSL = No Internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EricChunky, Jun 28, 2006.

1. EricChunky macrumors regular

So i've got a MacBook that connected to internet via ADSL Modem.
    I need a username and password for the connection, and it works flawlessly in Mac OS X.

Then I've installed Parallels workstation and put WinXP SP2 (English) on it. The Windows can't connect to internet...

I've tried both Host-only and Bridged mode, no luck... in host-only mode, windows shows "Limited-Connection" and can't get a IP address, and the Adapter is "Parallels Virtual Network Adapter"; in bridged mode, DHCP assign Windows an IP: 192.168.1.2 / Mask: 255.255.255.0 / Gateway: 192.168.1.1, but theres still no connection to the interent...

i've also allowed internet sharing in Mac system peferences, using the parelles adapter...

pls help

2. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

Note that Parallels creates an entirely emulated computer. That means if your router let's say uses MAC filtering, the MAC address of the NIC in Parallels is different than the one physically on your mac. So see if any of that needs to be fixed first. Then see if you can connect to an OSX shared folder from inside Windows. If all else fails, try reintalling TCP/IP from Windows. Then there's always format C: