Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jcoffman78, Feb 5, 2007.

1. jcoffman78 macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2006
    I have Parallels installed on my Macbook and have installed XP along with it, I was wondering if you could run 2 OS's within Parallels, namely Unbuntu.
  2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Mar 23, 2005
    Simultaneously or just being able to have multiple virtual machines? You can have multiple virtual machines as long as you have the disk space.

Simultaneously might be a bit more of a problem...
  3. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

Nov 2, 2006
    Are we there yet?
    I have run two at once, but it's a major drain on memory if anything. Set up the disks as expandable and disk space should not be an issue. I recommend 2GB of memory as a good standard for running Parallels.
  4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

Sep 7, 2006
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    Even when the guest OS (XP Pro in my case) is idling, Parallels still uses 10% CPU and 2.1G of virtual memory! I would not want to run 2 virtuals unless I really had to.
  5. SupadudeX macrumors member

Nov 7, 2006
    I am running Windows Xp and Fedora Core 6 right now on parallels. It runs fine. Although all I ever do when all 3 are running is text editing/browsing the internet. I am using a the conroe Macbook Pro w/ 2Gigs of memory. I have about 260 Megs of memory free still. So if you start running any hardcore programs in any OS you will probably start to slow considerably. I will probably upgrade to 3 Gigs of RAM when prices come down a bit.