Paris Expo 2004

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Matty P, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Matty P macrumors newbie

Just registered for the Paris Expo August 31, and the Keynote! I'm hoping the Keynote will be made by Mr Jobs and a new iMac of some sort or whatever new product is released. I was just about to book my hotel when I noticed that the Expo and Keynote are in different parts of the City. Why? Is this always the case in Paris? I was going to book a place near the Expo but I'm going to gamble on a Steve Jobs Keynote and try and get my Hotel close to the Keynote, as I'm going to be queuing in the early hours!

It's my wedding anniversary on August 30th and I have told the wife that we are going away for a couple of days! She busted me straight away with 'It's not a mac thing is it?' Ah well you can't fool them all the time, she even said it's no problem as long as she doesn't have to go and que for the Keynote and she gets me for one day out of 3. I got 2 days at the Expo!!!!

Think I might need some company!

Any you going? :)

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I got myself registered some time ago, and I went to the Paris Expo and Keynote in 2002 and 2003.
    It is always gr8 to see Steve live on stage!

But, this year..... it looks like I won't be able to go. Got a tough week at work that week. :(

I wish I could go.

BTW also nice to spend a couple of days extra in Paris. Don't go there every day. :)

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

An early Happy anniversary Matty P. I attended a Keynote with Steve Jobs at MWNY in 2002. Had hoped for a repeat at MacWorld Boston, go the turndown. From experience it's an awesome experience, a lot of crowd energy. I agree with MacsRgr8, you should spend some time in Paris with the wife.

4. Matty P thread starter macrumors newbie

It will be the 2nd time in Paris this year after spending a week in May! She was a pceee phobic until her iBook last year and now there is no stopping her, she loves to use her Mac at University. She has given me permission to spend 2 days at the Expo and in the last hour has confessed to looking forward to meeting other mac users! Oh my good god....

So do you think that Steve is going to give a Keynote, and how early should I get in line?

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Steve has given it the last couple of years... Add the fact that there is no MacWorld New York (there is a MW Boston, but no Keynote speech there) + the promised release of the new iMacs is September = He'll be there :)

Judging from past experiences, MacWorld Paris is not so crouded as MacWorlds SF or NY, so getting there around an hour before the Keynote speech, gives you plenty of time to get in.
    Wanna be front row (right behind the VIP's) get there 2 hours in advance, and sit yourself down right at one of the doors.
    Once you're there, you'll know what I mean.

Have fun!

It's probably gonna be the best MW Paris for a long time! (... wish I were there... :( )

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well, you certainly are the romantic... :D

I wish I could say I could join you, but I am saving my funds for a new Mac in the fall/winter, possibly the new iMac (depending on specs)...a case of having cake and eating it to, I guess...

Anyway, have a good time, lucky man...and buy your wife something nice...

7. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

iMac G5? :D

8. Matty P thread starter macrumors newbie

For sure!!!!!!!! :p