Paris Expo Web Cast?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by psycho bob, Aug 27, 2004.

1. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

No news on a webcast as yet I take it? I would have thought we'd have got something. Apple seem to be dropping the idea of live webcasts which is a pitty.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

A Google search turned up this, but I didn't find any news either.

3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

It is too bad that they don't do live streams but at least they will have a recorded stream so it isn't too bad

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

This shouldn't come as a big surprise, as Apple doesn't webcast everything live - even MWSF was a recorded broadcast. In the past Apple has streamed some shows live, others not, but we'll get to see it eventually so it's all good. :)

5. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Well I think the main reason to broadcast the keynotes was to show them in Apple Stores. Since it goes on in Paris, it will be 4am here (eastern time)and obviously there's no Apple Stores open at 4am so there's no reason to broadcast it, at least live. I would expect Apple to release a QuickTime broadcast later in the day, not that it matters so me as I'm on dialup. :(

6. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah, that sounds about right. Shame though, it will be 6pm here in oz for me and I would have liked to watch it live...

Hopefully the QT will be out within a couple of hours of the show

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I knew it was in Paris but for some reason I didn't figure in the time. Thank goodness it'll take place when I'm asleep! This way I don't have to reload every 15 seconds. That and I can drool over the iMac G5 and then take a shower to clean up.

8. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Well, I have orientation for school later on tuesday, but I'm tempted to stay up late and hit refresh every 5 seconds so I can see all of the new goodies.
    But I definately want to look good for my picture. :cool:

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'm content with going to sleep and awaking to new goodies on the Apple site. It'll be just like Christmas!

10. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Or at least 10 minutes of Christmas, and without Santa. Last year Apple only released a little more than 10 minutes of the keynote address, presumably the end, where Steve introduced updated versions of the 12" and 17" PowerBooks, the much anticipated 15" Aluminum PowerBook, and the Wireless Mouse and Keyboard.

Of course, the no Santa thing is about Steve not being well enough to do the keynote.

At least G5 iMacs will be under the tree. :)

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

That's good enough for me! :cool:

12. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Well I am very happy that I get to witness (we shall see how) an Apple event live at a reasonable hour

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My wife & I saw a live broadcast of MWSF via satellite at our local Apple Store. It was great, had a nice crowd. They provided three rows of seating. If MacWorld Paris is at 9am, which is the usual time, that would be at either 3 or 4am EDT. I know that I won't be up then. So will have to depend on the rebroadcast.

14. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Yeah, it kinda stinks that I have to stay up that late just to watch it. Sometimes it sucks living on the East coast.

I'm still debating on weather or not to stay up all night, and see if they do a live broadcast, but I doubt they will, so I'll just try to get more sleep, and see the rebroadcast.

15. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

16. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Jimbo, another prediction gained from secret inside info :p (yeah I know, just like the last one with 04 not 03 ;)) People are looking for you to get the final whats new at Paris Expo list of goodies ;)

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I got this message using your link: The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly. You might find what you’re looking for in one of these areas:

I didn't see anything about a Paris Webcast on the page. Maybe you could find the link again?

18. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

wdlove -

That page won't point to anything until Apple puts the QuickTime broadcast of Apple Expo '04 in Paris up - jimsowden is predicting that the URL given is the most likely location for viewing the broadcast when it does come up.

19. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Not predicting. Thats where it will be. If you change 04 to 03, its last years. Thats how all the apple webcasts work, live or not. I did this for WWDC, worked perfectly.

20. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

So your not saying it will definetly be live?

21. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

No, I think that he's possibly saying that it will not be definitely not un-live. Possibly. :cool:

22. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I think there will be a live keynote, there will be a major consumer release