Paris - Keynote from Phil Schiller

Discussion in 'Community' started by AmigoMac, Aug 16, 2004.

1. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Keynote news

The translation says that Steve Jobs wont give the keynote in Paris, will be from Phil and it could be that Steve will be in the expo in paris.. Big step for Phil, I guess we want to see steve presenting the new iMac G5 but apple is one team and it couldn't be a much different keynote from Phil...

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Eww, not happy to hear this. I don't have anything against Phil, but Steve's keynotes rock!

3. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

If this is confirmed it could actually be a blessing for me. I won't be going to the expo if there is no stevenote and I really can't afford the time to go anyway as I have too much work to do :rolleyes:

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Not completely unexpected but a bit of a pity. Like Chaszmyr said, nothing against Phil but Steve's keynotes are such a highlight! I'm guessing the doctors had to take a firm stance on this one, can't see Steve wanting to miss out on introducing the iMac G5 - perhaps they came to a compromise and that's why he was allowed the airport express in his room! :D

5. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I don't know why it is but Phil always comes across to me like a good old-fashioned used car salesman. He's saying the same stuff as Steve but you kind of notice the hyperbole a lot more....

6. AmigoMac thread starter macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Now the question is...

Will Phil wear the black turtle-neck t-shirt? :D

Attached Files:

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I bet Steve shows up via iChat video conferencing...

8. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Looking suspiciously like Dr Evil!! :p

9. rock6079 macrumors 6502

damn u stole wat i was going to say lol, and probably from right from hishospital bed (is he still in the hospital or recovering at home?) either way i bet there will have to be more people , i mean with the ichat in tiger they definately have to show it off some more

10. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

I would be worried if we don't see Steve at all.
    Sadly, he will miss one of the most important keynotes lately, if not ever.

I have a conspiracy theory, perhaps he did not even have tumor, but did all this just to get an excuse to get some time off? And then he makes a big comeback for MWSF. Or or... he wants to be seen on big screen in iChat as some kind of superstar??

Uhmm probably not. But anyway, I hope Schiller doesn't mess up something, I remember when he was demoing Quake 3 at WWDC99 and it wouldn't load hihihiihi :D

11. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I must admit, that this news does make my suffering for not being able to go more bearable. :D

Lets hope Steve does show up in iChat, letting the world know he is fully recovered! :)

12. sonyrules macrumors regular

I dont know about this... Phil seams to be a good guy and everything, But i dont think he can produce the "Reality Distortion Field" that Steve is excellent for. :D

I think it will be ok.. Lets see how excited he gets... that will be entertaining

13. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I hope this means its going to be webcast so that steve and all of us not there can enjoy it live.

14. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Assuming that the problems with G5 chip production are improved enough by then, and we even see the iMac G5's announced at the Expo. According [url="http://www.macintouch.com/]MacInTouch[/url] reader reports and such, IBM's not getting enough G5 chips out the door to even fulfill the PowerMac orders.

Maybe Phil's taking over the keynote means the iMacs won't be announced after all. Apple's been pushing back a lot of ship dates, lately.

Or maybe it's just that Steve isn't supposed to be back at work until September, and August 31, while close, is no cigar. I'd buy the iChat appearance, though, to reassure investors if nothing else.

Remember, kids, it's all baseless speculation and questionably tasteful fun! :)

15. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

That will be very disappointing if it proves to be true. Can't see the share price staying high if that happens.

I wonder if new G4 iBooks and eMacs and this screen thingy will appear to try and soak up some of the demand...