Paris

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by captainbeefheat, Mar 27, 2007.

1. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

So basically I am in a mad panic at the last minute trying to sort out my accommodation for staying in paris for a week.

I just feel really really lost to be honest with were I should stay, like area wise. It makes little sense to me. I want to be close to the centre I suppose as thats were most of the good stuff is. But being a student I am not looking to spend out a huge amount, you know like 20 to maybe 40 a night. Long as its clean and I get my own room I am not to fussed really :)

Like Formula One hotels look fine and price is fab. Looking on the site you can list in closeness to city centre; Paris Porte de Châtillon that good?

2. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Try a youth hostel in Paris. Much better bargain seriously and decent faciltites.

3. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Don't you know what happens in Hostels?

To the OP: I never been to Paris and don't have useful information to you other than have fun and enjoy yourself.

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I went on a road trip around France with 2 of my mates. We occasionally stayed at hostels because it was so cheap. Although be warned there is always a group of guys that are twats. Every time it was me and my mates. :D 4am pissed up and puking in the corner of the room. :D Hilarious!

Oh and amenities are surprisingly quite good (if you can get in them).

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I had a 'rushed' holiday in France two summers ago. We stayed in Youth Hostels in Bordeaux and Paris - they're cheap, secure and usually in good locations.

If you're having trouble finding one just ask at a train station or tourist information kiosk.

EDIT: Oops, I almost forgot. Enjoy yourself :D

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

If you want something nice, and are with someone 'special', I would recommend the Champages hotel. It's an awesome hotel, I stayed there for a night a couple weeks ago when I went to London and Paris. Awesome room, awesome staff, great breakfast. Not the cheapest hotel, but I'm impressed with their service and will wholeheartedly go back.

7. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I thought I would add, that I heard that hostels are very popular especially in Paris. You might want to call around and get one booked first :)

Enjoy!

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

When I was there, I stayed in a decent hostel (only 2 people per room), and it was near the bottom of the Sacre Coeur (and near the Moulin Rouge). Quite a dodgy area, but hey' it's near the city centre and it's cheap.

My friend's purse got stolen while buying crepes after walking down the hill from the Sacre Coeur, mind.

9. nicque macrumors regular

when we went we stayed at the Hilton of Paris but it was alot a night and was less than a block from the eiffel tower. i know its out of your pricerange but it was pretty nice.

10. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I lived in France for a time so I am happy to help you out. I wouldn't worry too much about finding a hotel in the city center. The main sights in Paris are spread out over the entire city, so you'll be using the metro anyway. Make sure you buy a travel pass (unlimited access for a certain number of days) and enjoy the convenience of the metro. Go to the windows with the British flag sticker on them--these clerks speak English.

Have a wonderful time!

11. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I don't have info on where to stay other than a youth hostel or just walk around town and ask for the cheapest room at random hotels.

But make sure to go to a bakery every morning you are there. They have some of the best food in the morning. You will not be let down.

12. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I like how you worded that Hilton of Paris rather than Paris Hilton.

13. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Lol, reminds me of that SNL skit about "the paris hilton"...

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

But she's sort of gone to the dogs lately. ;)

Those small yappy things in the room, would sure be an annoying distraction. :(

15. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the input, not sure about youth hostels I have stayed in a few and yeah there good but I would prefer a hotel I think.

16. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

In the end I decided to stay at a Ibis in Sacré Coeur, which seems good and gets glowing reviews.

Out of interest they seem to mention theres wifi a lot but doesn't say if its one of those pesky ones were they charge the earth or a free service, don't suppose anyone knows if Ibis wifi is free or charged? If free hotel wifi tends to be my fave feature :D