Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Racerdog55

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
Lumberton, Tx.
When I first got my MacPro I installed Parrallels and a Windows XP partition, since then I have reinstalled the OS from the restore disk that came with the computer, but the XP partition still shows up how can I safely delete this.
Thanks in advance.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Parallels doesn't use any sort of partitioning, do you mean you used Boot Camp? If so, the Boot Camp Assistant can restore your drive to one volume.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I'm assuming he just got Parrallels and BootCamp mixed up. If you did indeed use BootCamp then I believe you can delete the partition using the BootCamp application itself.

Might try Disk Utility as well.

Racerdog55

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
Lumberton, Tx.
When I bought the computer I also bought the progam Parralles, with the intent on having the Mac OS and Windows together, for gaming, but after reading other post I decided to install another HD and using BootCamp I installed Windows XP there. Now when the computer boots up I have the option of starting the Mac OS, Windows XP and my 2nd HD drive, what I want to get rid of is the one that says Windows XP, Sorry if this is confusing because it sure is to me.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
as i understand it, you can run the Boot Camp assistant to undo the partition.

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
To erase everything, boot up your install cd (Mac OS X) and goto Applications > Disk Utility then goto partitions and delete them and format them to Journal (something like that) and install OS X! It sounds hard but it's easy, trust me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.