PART II - Wanted to switch but it wasn't meant to be, Ebay Fraud

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Yomama, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Yomama macrumors newbie

First of all I want to thank everybody for their help. You MAC guys are pretty helpful. If you didn't read the story click here

Well I have some good news. I got the full amount refunded from Mastercard. I'm pretty happy.

I send the whole story to an independent journalist and I think he is in contact with the police as well as other authorities regarding Mr. Divin.

So it is time to SWITCH. Can anybody give me a websites (NO AUCTIONS) with good deals on Powermacs.

Thank you again.

Y.

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

heres the thing, apple fixes prices for almost everyone so its hard to find a non-auction good deal other than getting a bunch of extras..... all i'm saying is don't get your opes up.

3. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Re: PART II - Wanted to switch but it wasn't meant to be, Ebay Fraud

You may want to look at the refurbished PowerMacs from the Apple Online Store. You can usually save a couple hundred dollars and you get free shipping and Apple's full 1 year warranty. At the bottom of the "Store" page on Apple's website, click on the red tag that says "special deals" to find the refurbished gear.

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

5. magid macrumors 6502

magid

i sent you a pm about selling my powermac to you. Did u get it?

6. evil macrumors 6502

congratulations on getting your refund!!!!

now if i could only get compensated for buying a 12 pbook a few weeks before the 650$ cdn price drop.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

really? special for MR members? 'Cause if you just go to his site, the prices are the same as anywhere.

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Are you a student or know a student? Many Universities have great deals beyond the normal educational discount.

9. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

find someone, anyone in college and buy them beer so they will help you get a student discount. it is well worth the savings. or you could try refurbs from the Apple Store or SmallDog. Please though, for the love of God, WAIT UNTIL THE 23RD:(

10. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

This is a definite. Just as an example I can buy the Titanium Powerbook 867Mhz with combo drive fro $1,699 from my local university book store.

11. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Glad to hear everything worked out ok with the eBay fraud. :cool:

12. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I just happened to catch the title of this thread out of the corner and the AfroMan song poped into my head.

Wanted to switch but it wasn't meant to be.......Because I got high, cause I got high, cause I got hiiiggghhh!!!:)

13. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Check the "for tade/sale" thread here on macrumors. I know of at leas one PowerMac avaialble....;)