Part number

Discussion in 'iMac' started by captainbeefheat, Oct 2, 2006.

1. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

Hi wondered if anyone can tell me were i find the part number for a 24 inch iMac and also the part number for a nano, doesn't exactly seem clear. Model number is that the same thing?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I would say you're looking for a model number, as part numbers are generally reserved for actual 'parts' of the whole.

3. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

Says on the reabte form 'apple computer part number' and 'apple ipod part number'

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

MA456
    2GB MA477/ 4GB MA426/ various others. Go to the Apple Store, click on the specs for each thing and it'll tell you.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

6. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

7. nightelf macrumors 6502

The new iMac 24" and the new iPod nano do not qualify for the free iPod promo.

8. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

No it's the 24 inch imac and old ipod nano, i assume they qualify? I was given the option when I ordered it. But it wouldn't surpise me if it doesn't, I have already been conned by these infurnal rebate deals before.

Also part number is on the bar code thing u have to cut out. Which is different the on the apple site, probably just to confuse people more I suppose.

Another question; it says I need to send off the sales receipts. So if I do that what proof do I have I ever bought it from exactly? Seems odd, or it just another way to try and prevent you getting the rebate?