Part of Parents' Obesity Suit Against McDonalds Revived

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sun Baked, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well, well....

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

*sob*

Ahh the smell of fresh (er...rotten) lawsuits - this is the epitome of america - a lawsuit about mcdonalds. :p

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So McDonalds gets sued because the parents were too stupid to know that burgers and fries from ANY fast food joint are fattening and not healthy? Shouldn't there be a "common sense" law that prevents lawsuits from stupid people?

4. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

tell em to watch "Super Size Me"... nuff said

5. Sun Baked thread starter macrumors G5

Sun Baked

This fiasco started well before that, I think we've done several threads on it already.

Most of us though it was dead and buried, but a federal judge decided to dig up the corpulent corpse and toss it back into the food court.

6. Bigheadache macrumors 6502

I am surprised the kids don't sue the parents for allowing them to eat MacDonalds and/or general stupidity.

7. jasylonian macrumors regular

so... when is the surgeon general going to start putting warnings on boxes of fries?

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, and its funny because the kids probably eat at several different fast food restaurants regularly, not just McDonalds.

One of the benefits of being Burger King (#2) instead of McDonalds (#1) --- your ass never gets sued! :p

9. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i hope this suit gets thrown out!!! its retarded

10. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

That movie is about as stupid as this lawsuit. A guy stuffs himself full of fatty food all day every day and gains a ton of weight...what's the big revelation? Why does that mystify people and make them want to give this loser an Oscar?

As for the suit, why have I not heard a single word about the parents who let their children get fat from eating too much bad food? At the very least, the parents should be jailed indefinitely for causing so much trouble in the media and legal system. It's almost scary that people are stupid enough to let their kids get sick, yet they're somehow smart enough to jump into a complex legal system and sue someone.

Common sense is now an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The parents need to take responsibility, they are the parents. Need to teach the children that too many calories in cause obesity. That is the problem with our society, no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Claiming that it's someone else's fault. All the while lining the pockets of lawyers.