partitioned drive but now other drive wont show up

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MUCKYFINGERS, Jun 24, 2006.

1. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

okay, so i know this is a mac forum, but this is the best forum i post at so have at me for asking here :)

basically, i tried installing ubuntu on my pc and i partioned it as a 10 gb hd... well, something was wrong with the disc, so it partioned my drive but froze before it could install ubuntu. basically, 10 gb of my windows partition is lost and i am wondering if anyone could help me out here!!! the other partition is not showing up in windows explorer but i can see that there is less hd space on my original partition now. please help!!!! :) thanks in advance MR guys

2. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

3. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

:D

Now this is something I can help you out with. Take your Windows installation CD (it's probably the best if you have a full version), and stick it in your computer. Go through the setup process to the point where it talks about installing different partitions. Now here's where you have to be careful. It'll ask you which one you want to install, it also gives you the option of deleting other partitions. Simply reformat the 10 Gig Ubuntu one and you're done. :)

4. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

Thanks! :)