Party Suggestions

Discussion in 'Community' started by wPod, Aug 23, 2004.

1. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

So, i had a fun party this weekend to break in my new airport express. i hooked it up to my stereo system then let people pass around my PB and play songs they wanted. it was a lot of fun . . . until people couldnt find the cool new pop/rap song in my collection they wanted. so i thought of having an iTunes party where everyone brings a couple dollars and and choses a song or two. then by the end of the night, or after a couple parties i could have a big collection of party music.

anyone else have any good fun ideas for parites? or any good stories of parties they have had with their macs?

2. brap macrumors 68000

Dunno whether LAN parties count, heh... but back in the day I took my G3 ibook (along with the Shuttle), and the game we played most was Armagetron - on my recommendation, of course ;)

3. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

I had a bash-fest with my old beige G3. Literally. :eek: :D

4. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

I dont let any one near my mac... So for parties I just burn mp3 cd´s and pop them into my living rooms system... Screw what others want to hear.. i bought the booze :p

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

in college we set up an old performa as a dedicated mp3 server... worked great.

6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I once looked at NMR's online with my G4...

...oh, parties? Umm...

<crickets chirping>

7. wPod thread starter macrumors 68000

wPod

i should get an old clamshell iBook to pass around and everyone can bash up at a party. but i dont know if the airport (802.11b) will stream to the airport express (.g) as well as the airport extreme (.g) in my PB. that or a cheap iMac to sit in the corner and put some crazy mods on it to look cool!!!