Pasadena, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by screensaver400, Jun 18, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

How about good old Pasadena? It's got some advantages . . . It's an outdoor location, so we can line up right at the front door, parking is plentiful and relatively cheap, and Old Pasadena is pretty nice.

Anyone planning on going there?

2. macrumors newbie

I'll be there at 7 am. The store says that as long as you pre-ordered and you show up at least 10 min before closing, your iPhone will be there waiting for you.

3. Guest

Pasadena and Brea are roughly the same distance from me, Pasadena is a little closer, and I rather go to the Pasadena store.

BUT!!!!

Sales tax is lower in Brea, so thats where I am going!

4. macrumors regular

Reviving this bad boy. Anyone gonna be there for the iPhone 4?

5. macrumors newbie

Pasadena - I'll be there

Yes I will be there! Not sure exactly what time... anybody know when the store opens? :D

6. macrumors 6502

Illusion986

I will be there. Still unsure what time as i don't know work schedule yet.

7. macrumors 6502

7am

8. macrumors 6502

Pasadena

I plan on being out there on Thursday for sure. I wonder if the same rules will apply as with the GS launch? I reserved a phone on Tuesday.

9. macrumors 6502

Illusion986

What rules were that?

10. macrumors newbie

People already hovering in Pasadena?

I could be wrong but when I was on my daily walk this evening it looked like there might be some people kind of already lining up on Colorado?

11. macrumors member

I think this thread was for the older either 3gs or 3g launch. XD~
    Might want to start a new one. Too bad we can't delete older threads to update this and clean it up a bit.

12. macrumors member

what for? there's only 3 posts pertaining to previous releases.

13. macrumors newbie

Possibly going to be there Wednesday Night

If we get an type of confirmation about the white version being available I will be there on Wednesday to camp out. We didnt reserve any units because we want the white units.

I read on twitter that someone claims to have seem somewhat of a line forming. Ill cruise by later and check it out and report back.

Cheers.

14. macrumors newbie

really? already camping out? i plan on being there wednesday night as well. let us know if there really are people out already.
    thanks!

15. macrumors 6502

I called this afternoon, talked to someone...

1. There will be two lines, reserved and non-reserved.

2. Authorized users can purchase upgrades as long you have all the account info, last 4 digits of primary account holder's SSN, and billing zip code!

Hopefully we can activate it at home like on one posters said and we can all be in and out in a few hours.

Nice!

16. macrumors newbie

I will be there!!! Woot woot I'm hoping for the more feminine white color but if not I guess ill settle for black... :-/

17. macrumors 6502a

I drove by this evening and there's no one waiting yet.

18. macrumors newbie

What Time?

What time is everyone thinking about heading over? Last year there wasn't really much of a line and I was able o communicate with the few people that were there via twitter and they told me when to come down. :) I think I ended up getting there at 3am.

The year before (3G launch) we got there at 3pm and stayed all night. We were about 8-10 people back.

I might run over to Jamba Juice around noon to see if anyone is there.... Once I am there later this evening I will let you all know via twitter @tlewsadder.

Cheers.

19. macrumors member

Let me know how the line is. I need to stand in 2 lines. One for unreserved, and one for reserved. :\ I couldn't reserve 2 phones. :\

20. macrumors newbie

So I have a reservation for tomorrow -- when is everyone planning to get in line? I have a friend that wants the white...but may consider black so I may have to be in two lines as well (wasn't able to reserve one for her).

I'm just hoping to be far ahead enough in line to get in and out within an hour before work, but the unreserved line might take forever if they help all the reservations first. Bah!

21. macrumors newbie

Last Year 3GS Launch

We were in the front of the unreserved line last year and were in and out faster than a few of the people at the front of the reserved line. :D

Last year no one was aware that there was supposed to be 2 lines until the manager came out and informed people about the second line. They actually opened an hour early too because they were prepared and ahead of schedule. It was awesome. :apple:

22. macrumors regular

eMagine

I'm planning on being there at 7.

23. macrumors newbie

Hmmm sounds like the Pasadena store (at least last year) is pretty well staffed.

On another related note -- where are you guys parking? I usually use the structure right behind the Apple store, but don't know if it's open that early.

24. macrumors 6502

Illusion986

I always use parking lot on de lacey and colorado but don't know what time they open.

25. macrumors newbie

The DeLacey parking garage is open 24 hours, with the 90 minute free parking kicking in after 5am.

I think I'll head over in the morning...not sure I'll be there at 7am though, that's a bit early for me. :)