iPad mini Pass code not working on mini!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iHeartsteve, Nov 26, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I have a pass code set for my reg iPad 3 and set one up for the mini but it doesn't work. On my ipad3, every time it goes on sleep mode it will activate the pass code. But on the mini it only does it sometimes. When I close the Smart Cover and then open it, it just shows screen already open.

2. macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Does the ipad 3 havens Smart Cover?

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Thanks for reply. No iPad 3 does not have Smart Cover. iPad mini does. Maybe it's that. Very odd how the generic cover works but the apple Smart Cover doesn't.

4. macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

What's the lock-out time set for on the mini?

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

thanks for reply. 5 min

6. macrumors newbie

so what happens when you close the smartcover on your mini and then wait 5min before opening it?

I guess it could be a feature that closing the smartcover does not instantly lock it like the sleep-button does.

7. Guest

8. macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The iPad (including the mini) with a Smart Cover will behave as if you hit the wake button and did the Slide to Unlock motion when you lift the Smart Cover.

If you have your passcode lock time set to 5 minutes, it wont ask for a passcode for 5 minutes. The time is set in Settings - General - Passcode lock - Require passcode (time).

This is separate from the "Auto-Lock" time in Settings - General; that's for sleeping the screen and, without a Smart Cover, putting up the Slide to Unlock.

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve