passwords are not used from keychain

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by mzayats, Oct 17, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Since I have upgraded to Mountain Lion, I have huge problems with passwords throughout the system.

Although, passwords get stored into the keychain, they are not being used by almost any application or system service that I tried.

Wifi keeps asking for username and password each time I change network.
    All websites ask for passwords, Messages App, Mail, Calendar - everything I tried.

Tried removing all passwords from Keychain, they get recreated by the apps, but not used. Tried First-Aid on Keychain - nothing wrong.

any ideas?

2. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

As long as have all your passwords noted somewhere, you can just delete the two files in ~/Library/Keychains then logout and log back in and a new, blank keychain will be created.

To get to the folder click the desktop to bring focus to the Finder. Then press shift-command-g (all three at once) and type ~/Library/Keychains in the resulting popup and hit enter. You will see two keychain files in the folder. Delete both and logout and back in.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot, it worked very well! Still not sure what was the root cause for the corruption, but for the time being it's fine.