Passwords in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Snowy_River, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Okay, here's my problem...

My wife left her computer at home and asked if she could use mine to check her gmail account. Being a kind and sensitive husband, I naturally told her 'of course', and handed my PB over to her. She logged in, and when Safari asked if it should remember her password, she clicked 'Never for this site'.

BOOM!

Now, even though Safari used to keep track of MY gmail login information, it doesn't anymore. Every time I want to login to gmail (and I log out every time to put at least a thin layer of privacy between me and Google's search logs), I have to type in my username and password, instead of having Safari automatically fill that information in.

So, does anyone know of a way to tell Safari to start remembering passwords for a site that it has previously been told 'Never...' about?

Many thanks.

P.S. As a further example of the fact that I'm a kind and sensitive husband, I have not taken my frustration about this out on my wife. I haven't even told her about it yet... :)

2. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

So... no one has any clues about this? Not even an idea of where I might go to look for more information?

3. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River