past experiance

Discussion in 'iPod' started by barnacle, Oct 1, 2006.

1. barnacle macrumors regular

Aug 25, 2006
    maya beach, belize
    i have only been introduced to Apple, ipod, and itunes since last august.
    {loving all of it by the way}
    but with all the commotion over the 'bugs' in itunes 7 and the fix 7.01 not pleaseing everyone, i want to ask,
    has this been the norm from apple with each itunes upgrade? or is this rare?
    can we expect an update itunes 7.2?
    i can live fine the way i am,, just curious.
  2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    Well, I don't have any problems with mine, and if 7.01 fixed problems for a few people, then we can't expect a 7.02 anytime soon. But, if 7.91 was a disaster for everyone, then yes, we can.
  3. clintob macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2006
    New York, NY
    I haven't heard much complaining about iTunes 7 to be honest? A few problems with "Cover Flow" or whatever it's called, but the program itself works fine.

However, as a general answer I'd say that Apple in this way is both no different and VERY different than most companies. They are no different in that the first releases of most of their hardware and software typically has some bugs and kinks that need to be worked out. This is natural, and to be expected of even the best companies.

Where Apple differs from the field tremendously is in their response to these bugs. You might have noticed the iTunes 7.0.1 update appeared a mere days after the initial release. In computer software terms, that's remarkably fast. Say what you will about Apple, and of course there are always exceptions, but as a rule they are light-years ahead of the pack when it comes to the speed with which they provide udates and fixes.
  4. barnacle thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 25, 2006
    maya beach, belize
    i tend to agree. from what short experiance i have with apple, their support seems to be wwaaaaay ahead of some others.
    and i can understand there will allways be bugs with a new product and i can accept that. they realy seem to care.

i am 50yrs old and just within the last few years became interested in computers. now, i can't seem to learn fast enough.
    my wife, an ex programmer for IBM, i can remember her using a program called OS 2 WARP. that was when i first knew there even was something other than M.S.!
    i can see my next computer being an apple,, since i am heavy into photography, it seems logical.
    but right now,, i love my ipod and itunes as well!!