Pat Robertson on ABC Family

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SC68Cal, May 16, 2006.

1. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

What the heck? I'm channel surfing and I notice that ABC[Family] is airing "The 700 Club". What is up with that???

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

According to Wikipedia, ABC Family is "contractually obligated" to air the program.

ABC Family says the same on their website:

It's not clear to me why or how ABC Family is obligated ... something to do with the sale of Fox Family to ABC Family.

Lawyers? Or people in the know?

3. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

He's a waste of flesh, isn't he? I particularly liked when he asked for donations to help the 9/11 victims, and a lot of the contributions were spent on filling cargo planes to take equipment to his diamond mines in Africa. He's partners with a dictator you know. That Pat. Jesus would want a few words with him in a few years, but we know he's not going "there".

4. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I was curious, so I Googled around a little bit and found this story from back in 2001, when Disney (ABC) bought the channel from FOX:
    Link

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Cuz Wacky Pat espouses healthy 'family values' don'tcha know!

:D

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Talk about making a deal with the devil....

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

ABC Family added the disclaimer posted by thedude110 to the beginning of all 700 Club broadcasts after some of Robertson's more recent incidents. They're clearly saying that they don't like him any more than we do...but they're stuck.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

hey, umm, there is this little button on your remote.
    its labeled "channel" and sometimes its in the shape
    of an up or down arrow. Try it.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

We do. We're just wondering what Pat Robertson is doing on a channel that's devoted to wholesome family programming.

Oh, wait a minute...programming your family. That's it. ;)

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I know that Pat Robertson has made some goofs and said some strange things lately. But most people only look at the negative. The 700 Club has initiated and supported some excellent programs. I.e. Operation Blessing. Where Pat Robertson is on the board of directors. http://www.ob.org
    but hey, he's a total lunatic right. Hes the spawn of ****ing satan!

11. emmawu macrumors 6502

I think it's been shown that Pat Robertson is from Altair (spelling from the movies Forbidden Planet) and is suffering from Monsters from the Id, (in honor of Freud's 150th birthday). That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. ABC Family needs a new satellite feed. IMHO :D

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No, just a greedy, selfish jerk who lost it a long time ago. And not a very good Christian. The organization has done some good, as have some of the others he's involved in, so we really shouldn't toss all that out because he's a nut bunny. Actually, as you might have seen by a thread I started awhile ago, even they are sick of him. He got tossed out of a Christian organization he helped fund because of his comments. They don't want him any more than we do.

Are people forgetting the Family Channel pre-Fox or ABC?

13. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

His 2 million dollar+ home in Langley, spitting distance across the road from CIA HQ tells me alot about his devotion to family's value.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

He's been at it again, today MSNBC reports he has been saying GOD Told Him:rolleyes: That posssibly storms and a Tsunami will hit America's coastline. God dont play in maybe's and possibilities, When God does something he does it and if he told Robertson it wouldnt be in maybe's and possibly and other grey areas. What a Neocon dweeb, he wants to be a profit but the truth is he is making big profits from the idiots sending him money selling religion. I hate to admit it but my Mom has sent his empire money.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: These guys are crooks and Jesus knows it. Here is the articlehttp://msnbc.msn.com/id/12851397/

15. badmofo9000 macrumors regular

ABC Family was created by Pat Robertson. In the 1970's the network was founded as CBN Cable and went through a number of buy outs and name changes. I am sure this is why the 700 Club is on contract with the Famlily channel. He probably has it in their contracts since the begenning that his show must be on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Family

16. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Oh my God. You know, religious people should not be able to speak their minds on Television, ever. They're nothing but a thorn in the side of the human race.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

When this ******* says things such as:

it's kinda hard to look at the positive side.

18. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Wow. Except for the killing children part, the "feminist agenda" sounds a lot like "thedude110's" agenda.

Maybe he and God got their wires crossed? :D

19. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Mr. Robertson is apparently also a chef -- and if you subscribe to something or other, you can get the recipe to his super-powerful protein shake.

Pat claims that his protein shake (and the Holy Spirit must have a hand in this) allows him to leg press 2,000 pounds.

Link.

Maybe he's the Terminator.

20. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    So THAT'S how that old bastard is still kicking!