Pat Robertson = Strongest man in the world?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by srobert, Jun 13, 2006.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Link

Not bad for a crazy old coot.

2. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Do you actually believe the nutcase?

4. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

I'm surprised we're just talking about this. Then again, I didn't start a thread about it when I heard the news last week. <-- [EDIT] terrible spelling errors [/EDIT]

Anywho, didn't Dan Kendra have to have a special modified machine to carry the 1335 lbs world record leg press? And if I remember correctly, the capilaries in his eyeballs began to rupture from the strain. Kendra was in his late 20's and a full-time athelete. Robertson was 73 w/ prostate cancer. This story is such drivel.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's more likely that he did those things with his mouth. He's built up a lot of muscle there.

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

"¡Oy, Fidel! ¿Será que los evangélicos hablan locuras como consecuencias de haber sufrido hernias?"

Attached Files:

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Using my incredible powers of deduction, I can only conclude the following possibilities:

1. Pats' cancerous prostate gave him superhuman abilities, albeit temporarily.

2. His leg muscles became enhanced, by a lifetime of enrichment from blood that should've gone to his brain.

3. Something involving God and/or Adam Smith.

4. He was so full of sh**, that the weights rested upon the ever-growing pile.

***actually, I saw a (brief) news story on this (with video) - and the weights were nowhere near the weight he claims...there was some wierd denominations used and spacers iirc.***

8. aquajet macrumors 68020

Do you mean to say that Pat can't actually lift a Volkswagen using his legs? Surely I would have thought God bestowed upon him this superhuman strength after warning us that, in fact, the hurricanes in Florida were really God's wrath against a civilisation that supports and embraces the sodomites. I even heard some guy in the grocery yesterday talking about how his brother knows a girl that attends a church whose pastor is good friends with Pat's wife. According to him, Pat is planning to climb Mount Everest on his mountain bike.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Good, maybe that will take care of him once and for all.

Darwinism at work.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm sorry, but I've been lifting for 10 years and I can only do 470 pounds. He's insane. :)

11. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Do you suppose Pat would think you were a wuss?

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Pat Robertson is making piety an arm wrestling contest - nice :rolleyes:.

e

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

How dare we question the validity of his obvious superhuman strength. :rolleyes: Welcome to the new world of neocon, religious zealot truthiness. I'd say this was just something stupid or really bad math, but unfortunately it's indicative of a larger problem. Granted most of us think it's crap, and I'm glad someone called him on it. But no doubt there are people out there who believe such things and might even be angry that we would dare claim he was mistaken, let alone outright lying.

This is kinda like when Cheney shot that guy in the face. Or Bush made that stupid remark about the almost blind guy's sunglasses. I should just take it as it is and laugh it off as stupidity, but it actually kinda pisses me off for some reason.