Path Finder 4: worth the price?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dolphin842, Jan 28, 2006.

1. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Now that Path Finder 4 has been out for a bit, I'm curious to see what people make of it. Is it worth the price of admission? Anyone use its features in a particularly interesting way?

2. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

I'm using the trial version now. When I saw it, I was ready to rip out the credit card on the spot. But I'm glad I decided to actually run through the entire 21-day trial. After using it for a week or so, I find it slow, the Finder replacement incomplete, and it has a few bugs (such as misreporting hard drive sizes) that don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Thumbs down.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Download the trial and test it out. It's a good concept, but I tried version 3 and didn't like it. Attempting to uninstall hosed my system. Some people swear by it though.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm using version 3 and refuse to upgrade since it does everything I want anyway. The most an upgrade will do for me is **** up what is a great program. But if I upgrade and nothing is wrong with it, I get tabbed browsing. Other than that, it isn't worth it right now.

5. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Eh, I prefer OS X's Finder.

I downloaded Path Finder 4 not long after it was released, tried it out for a few minutes, then deleted it.