Path Finder 4: worth the price?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dolphin842, Jan 28, 2006.

1. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2004
    Now that Path Finder 4 has been out for a bit, I'm curious to see what people make of it. Is it worth the price of admission? Anyone use its features in a particularly interesting way?
  2. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2005
    I'm using the trial version now. When I saw it, I was ready to rip out the credit card on the spot. But I'm glad I decided to actually run through the entire 21-day trial. After using it for a week or so, I find it slow, the Finder replacement incomplete, and it has a few bugs (such as misreporting hard drive sizes) that don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Thumbs down.
  3. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Download the trial and test it out. It's a good concept, but I tried version 3 and didn't like it. Attempting to uninstall hosed my system. Some people swear by it though.
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    I'm using version 3 and refuse to upgrade since it does everything I want anyway. The most an upgrade will do for me is **** up what is a great program. But if I upgrade and nothing is wrong with it, I get tabbed browsing. Other than that, it isn't worth it right now.
  5. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

Apr 27, 2005
    Accoville, WV
    Eh, I prefer OS X's Finder.

I downloaded Path Finder 4 not long after it was released, tried it out for a few minutes, then deleted it.