Path Finder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by R.Youden, Mar 12, 2006.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

Apr 1, 2005
    Hi everyone,

I have been looking around and seen some people saying good things about Path Finder. I downloaded it and had a play around. I really cant see how it is better than the Finder although I feel I am not using it to its full potential.

How do people on here use Path Finder? How do you set it up to get the best results? Any screen shots would be great,

2. ScottB macrumors regular

Jul 13, 2005
    I tryed path finder once but it wasn't for me. Too many features I didn't need and I didn't want to pay :rolleyes:, and the only reason I was interested was because of my dissappointment with Finder.
  3. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Pathfinder is more for the power user. The drop stack, tabbed browsing, bread crumb navigation, and preview pane are some of the features I use on a daily basis.

It's far from perfect, but so is the regular finder. If you do a lot of file management, then pathfinder is just easier to work with.
  4. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

Jul 26, 2005
    OS X is brilliant because it's incredibly simple on the surface and incredibly complex and powerful underneath. If you don't understand the power and appeal of Path Finder, then it's not for you. You're just working on a different side of OS X :)