Path Updates iOS App with Private Messaging, 'The Shop', and More

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 6, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Path, the "personal social network," announced on its blog today that its iOS app has been updated to version 3.0.1, adding private messaging, "stickers" and a curated store for photo filters called The Shop.

Within the new private messaging, users can send each other "stickers," text, voice notes, locations and more. Path detailed the new feature on its blog:
    [​IMG]

"Stickers" are pieces of art created by Path's in-house artists as well as artists like David Lanham and Hugh MacLeod that work in a similar way to emojis.

Path for iOS is a universal app that's available in the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Path Updates iOS App with Private Messaging, 'The Shop', and More

2. macrumors 6502

last thing on my Path feed happened a year ago...

3. macrumors 6502

If only I had one single friend on there. I still post to it faithfully though.

4. macrumors 601

It's such a great app. Too bad I can't get any of my friends to use it. I may remove this from my iPhone finally. Stickers? :rolleyes:

5. macrumors member

One of the few social apps where I don't care if anyone else is on it. It works as a great personal diary of all the things I do. I do have 15 close friends that post on it, and that seems like enough.

6. macrumors 6502

7. macrumors 6502a

Wow. I wonder if Path will be getting a letter from Pinterest soon...

Attached Files:

8. macrumors newbie

Or a letter from the Philadelphia Phillies...

Attached Files:

9. macrumors regular

Nebulance

haha! Well, one could argue that the 'D' shape in the P is ever so slightly different for all three. But yeah, I immediately thought of the Phillies when looking at it...

By the way, can someone tell me the difference between this and Twitter? I've never used path, just curious.

10. macrumors 6502a

dannys1

Its a shame because its such a beautifully designed app. It puts Facebook to shame.

11. macrumors regular

CGagnon

Same. I started using the app very early on and it was neat for a little while. But I have since completely forgot this app exists.

----------

Path is more comparable to Instagram. It's for sharing photos. It also includes some of the same filters (I have never actually used Instagram but I believe this to be true)

12. macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I've been using Line with my family over seas and it works quite well. With two MAJOR issues. 1) There is no iPad version, and 2) Your account is tied to your device, thus for people like myself who have an iPhone and iPad we have to have TWO different accounts . . . which is just stupid.

So, that being said, I'd like to play with Path and see if it would be a good replacement. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

BTW, considering that we speak different languages and I cannot read their language at all (I use google translate to keep up, it work OK). Using stickers (which line has a ton of free ones) helps a lot to convey emotion and feeling. Are ANY of the Path stickers free?

13. macrumors 6502

cms2

I have managed to get six of my closest friends on Path, and it is now my default social network. I like that with one click I can share a photo, location, or status update to facebook as well if I want to.

14. macrumors 6502a

Totally agree. Facebook should be ashamed of the crappy buggy app when Path have managed to create such a gorgeous app like this. Shame no one uses it.:confused:

15. macrumors regular

CGagnon

Nice try, marketing executive for Path.

16. macrumors 6502

cms2

So if I have a positive opinion about an app I use everyday, I must work for the company that makes it? So.... Everyone on MR is collecting a fat apple paycheck?

17. macrumors regular

CGagnon

I get a check from Apple every month. I can't speak for everyone else though.

18. macrumors 6502

nashyo

It doesn't work. I have tried several times but I can't send messages or find my location. I have tried in several locations, even when network tests with other apps are positive.

I really want it to work. Has anyone had issues? Ive only recently been introduced to it, so Is the latest version the best so far?

19. macrumors 6502

cms2

Lol...