Paths from Illustrator -> Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cleo, Aug 18, 2002.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I have a logo made out of paths in Illustrator. Is it possible to import those paths into Photoshop so I can stroke them, use better filters, etc? I'm stumped.

2. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Paths from Illustrator -> Photoshop?

What i would do is separate as many of the elements of your logo into layers, and export the file as a layered PSD file. (make sure it's 300dpi, etc). You'll have a file you can open in PS and edit to your heart's content. :)

In AI, it's File -> Export. Change type to PSD, it'll ask you questions, make sure to include layers. :)

Lemme know how this works for ya.
    m

3. cleo thread starter macrumors 65816

cleo

Re: Re: Paths from Illustrator -> Photoshop?

Hmm... It's doing the layers OK, but not the paths themselves. What could I be doing wrong?

4. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Re: Re: Paths from Illustrator -> Photoshop?

Ah! My bad. You actually want the paths! Lemme check something and i'll be right back. :)

If you wanna, IM moxiecreative and i can help you "live"

m

5. Choppaface macrumors 65816

you can also try exporting the AI file to EPS and then importing it into PS and rasterizing it that way

6. thirdeg macrumors newbie

you could try copying the paths one by one and pasting them in photoshop as paths. When you paste into photoshop it should pop up a box and ask if you want to paste as pixels or paths or something else that I can't remember i think its shape somerhing. Then you will be able to create different path layers.

Hope this helps

7. Choppaface macrumors 65816

does pasting as paths also get rid of that odd error where it crops off some of the edges when you paste as pixels?