Patience 360: Ten Reasons to Wait for PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by illegalprelude, Nov 26, 2005.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I have to say I actually laughed at the article of reasons that you SHOULD buy a 360. They didn't put much thought into it. I mean, they actually listed backwards compatability as a reason to buy the XBox 360 :eek:

2. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

I read that yesterday. It actually had some good points, but the guys at cube.ign.com also had a top ten list as well. Either way, nothing will persuade me to buy a 360. It's down to PS3 and Rev for me.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I like top 10 lists. they amuse me to no end. heres one now, my top 10 consoles;

1) Amiga 600
    2) DS
    3) GBA
    4) Gamecube
    5) NES
    6) Dreamcast
    7) Mega Drive
    8) PS1
    9) Gamegear
    10) Spectrum ZX81

4. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

lol. That's pretty good. I got a 360 on wednesday last week. It's a great system. The naysayers don't have one, so don't trust them (kind of like anti-apple zealots). But I'm getting all three systems, so I don't really care which one is "the best."

The number one reason to get a 360: It's out now and PS3 isn't. End of story. A whole year of 360 gaming bliss here I come!

5. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

hahah you win over anybody else. I got a all the current gens but yea, kinda in a transition phase. moved 3 months ago to Cali, havent had a job and all that good stuff so i gotta get picky for now so add me to the sony fanboy line for the moment :D once i get stable job, all shall hail microsoft too :eek:

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

im getting all of em...cant wait for the ps3 and rev.

Nuff.

7. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

does anyone know when the PS3 is supposed to be released

8. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

next year.... maybe?

9. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Yeah but like March 2006? or by another year do you mean November 2006?

10. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Buy the 360 now. Enjoy the next gen in games for a whole year.

When the PS3 comes out, sell the 360. How much would one lose? Maybe 1/3rd retail price ($120 perhaps?). That's like 50 cents a day to enjoy the 360 while other idiot gamers are patiently waiting for the PS3. The article must be a joke, because I am laughing too hard at the stupidity of it.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

11. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i think the last i heard it was holidays '06 or early '07

i have no idea tho and i don't think sony has released a date yet either

either way i'm buying both (X360 & PS3)

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Last I heard, it was Spring 2006 in Japan and Fall 2006 in U.S. but I don't think any dates are set in stone.

13. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

What about Nintendo? Any word on the US release for the Revolution?

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Sometime 2006.
    There are some hints.

To quote:

So sometime between April 2006 and December 2006, and games will almost for sure be playable at E3 '06.

15. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

The word from Nintendo is 2006, no more accurate release dates i'm afraid, but personally i think it will be released in Japan in March 06 and Europe and America one or two months later,

Shadow

16. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Yeah, but Sony recently said that the PS3 doesn't have it, which, if not putting the others up, definatly puts the PS3 down

First off, their reason #10 is slightly invalid, because it's only just been released. Very rarely is the "one killer game that'll make everyone buy it" released with the console. Also, "Where's the Mario?" shows slight ignorance
    Secondly, the 360 does support progressive (they say that it's only interlaced)
    Thirdly, "You can play with seven of those boomerangs. SEVEN!". Now, excuse me, but who the f•ck wants to play with 7 controllers? 6 or 8, maybe, but why 7?
    Fourth, "you can still preorder". Well, duh! It still hasn't been released yet.
    Fifth, Blu-Ray, while technically good, is going to die and become a "Playstation game disk" instead of a media format. You can already get a 2 hour movie in 720p/1080i (maybe even 1080p) onto a single layer DVD with H.264, so the need for a Blu-Ray movie player is... not needed. Maybe when we get to 2048p or whatever, it may come in handy, but until then. What's the point? Also, you can't burn your own (Blu-Ray burners die after 1 or 2 burns - disk presses are OK, but for home burning, you're screwed)

17. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

For me, and others around here, that's just way too much money to spend on electronic gaming. Not that we can't afford it, but there are other things to put that money into--like our computers! :p

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Oh, they did also say they intended a worldwide launch within 12 weeks of each other. So releasing within one or two months of each other would be about right.

19. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Um, not at all, Sony stated the PS3 will play most PS2 and PS1 games.

True, it does support 720p, but they are right that the 360 does not have 1080p.

Because you can hook it up to TWO SCREENS. That's a full two-XBox-LAN-party with a single system. Why the heck can't people figure this out? I keep hearing stuff like this.

"Who needs two screens?"
    followed by
    "Who needs seven controllers?"

People can't put two and two together...

Agreed.

There is going to be a format war. HD-DVD vs Blu-ray. By putting a Blu-ray player in every home, Sony practically guarantees victory. If Blu-ray wins, Sony makes tons. If Blu-ray loses, then Sony has a big problem with the PS3.

And who cares about movies? Developers are already complaining about space restrictions on XBox 360 DVD's.

20. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Just to clarify #10 on the list about the killer app, the 360 does have one; Live. This ain't your grandpa's xbox live. I had live on xbox for a whole year. It sucked. But with voice messaging, player history, achievement lists, gamer cards, ebay-like reputations, no logging in, and ranked everything (including single player stuff), the 360 has something that PS3 will never have. I'd pay $100/year for the new live easy.

In PGR3 I have the 19th best time in the world with a lambo murcielago on the test track. I raced the ghost of the best player and he's sooo fast it's mind boggling. In fact, when you look at the lists you can send game/friend invites to anyone. Later today I'll probably challenge someone in the top ten. So cool.:cool:

21. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

Do you include the cost of the games in your computation? Plus there is an opportunity cost to spending the money now versus holding onto it.

And why are other gamers "idiots" for simply passing up the 360?

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

well duh! because we cant either afford one or we don't like the games. I wonder what else accounts for being an idiot? prefering Metroid Prime over Halo? thats high treason.

23. Uma888 macrumors 6502

Im with you there, i will be buying ALL three,

24. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yeah, no offense, but kuyu seems to think that we're all made of money and can afford an HDTV and all three consoles ;)