Patriots Heading Back To Super Bowl!

Discussion in 'Community' started by wdlove, Jan 23, 2005.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Alright!! Hopefully Comcast can hold up thier side of the deal so i can watch this in High Def!

3. benwa02 macrumors 6502

4. Super20 macrumors regular

blah, blah, blah. All I wanted was the Pack in another Superbowl. Must I wait another 30 some years before it will happen again? I'll think I'll go with the Pats on this one, though.

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Much as I believe that the Patriots have been one of the luckiest teams in the NFL - the ball just seems to bounce their way in some games! - I've really admired their effort this season.

Playing with all those defensive backs banged up and others playing out of position to help cover, and still winning is the sign of a truly great team. And what's even better? They do it with class - they don't boast unduly, they back each other up and the only celebration I can recall is the 'snow angel' which was more cute that controversial. The only aspect of them I don't like is some of their bandwagon-jumping fans who don't seem to 'get' the ethos the team has.

So the classy Pats against the classless Eagles (Owens and Mitchell competing for Mr Big Mouth and too much showboating after even basic tackles on D - I'll admit McNabb and Westbrook always come across well), I know who I'm rooting for! :rolleyes:

6. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

The line on the pats right now is -7. Usually they don't get much credit for being as good as they are because they don't have any star players. They really are putting the team aspect back into a team sport.

I hate saying it, but it's becoming a new england dynasty. This bunch of "replacements" (which is what they call themselves) is showing the rest of the world that playing together as a group is going to get you further than a bunch of star players.

BEN

7. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Well I am a curse, wanted Atlanta and Pittsburgh! Have to like Brady, the guy is an eagle scout. I can't stand the city of philly (many who live there might agree) seems to be one notch above camden NJ.

As a die-hard Panthers fan-I will pull for the Pats, who know how to fear the Panthers and are glad they scaped by in the last/best superbowl in recent history.

(As I Choke) GO PATS!

(like ya wdlove just not the pats-hope ya get what ya want here though :) )

8. amholl macrumors 6502

My favorite part of the whole season was when everyone decided to pick against them in the colts game. I won a fortune off of it! Brady is the best QB ever. I thing the -7 spread is bogus. the Eagles aint that bad. Whatever Pats 23-10.

9. noel4r macrumors 6502a

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the pats have been so bad for so long, that it's their time finally to shine in the sun and have a dynasty...3 superbowl wins would put them in the same category as washington, green bay, or the raiders...not bad

philly has had some good tenures in football and this season the press has been all over them like they are some sort of heroes

like one poster above mentioned, the patriots never get any respect...if they win this superbowl, i think people will then start taking them seriously and not as a fluke...most teams who win one superbowl may be called a fluke by some sports fans but the patriots are the only two time championship team which i hear so many people diss as a fluke or as lucky

the eagles, with their boasting and love affair with the media still has the better overall team and will probably soundly beat the patriots on superbowl sunday

but even if the patriots lose, and lose in a big way, they will hopefully get more respect next season...win or lose, it's not easy to get to the superbowl

brady of the pats considers joe montana his idol and maybe, if things go well over the next several years, brady can be 4 for 4 in superbowl wins and considered among the ranks of a montana or a bradshaw

...but something tells me that brady would have to go 5 for 5 in wins to be mentioned in the same sentence as montana or bradshaw

he he...i guess nothing comes easy for boston...speaking about boston, i feel so proud of the red sox this year, especially beating new york 4-3 after having been down 3-0...way to go, boston, you guys rock!

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Hey, I remember Reggie White coming through double coverage to sack Drew Bledsoe time and again while Desmond Howard ran back 2 looong kickoffs in 1996. Packers fans have won way too recently to be playing the "woe is us" card!

12. noel4r macrumors 6502a

How many superbowls have the raiders won? I thought they've only won one. You also forgot to add the Niners and the Cowboys on that list.

13. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I think he was putting them on the tier of '3 Super Bowl titles' as opposed to the Niners/Cowboys tier of '5 Super Bowl titles'. For completeness sake, the Steelers are the only team on the '4 Super Bowl titles' tier

Raiders have won 3 (two as Oakland and 1 as LA)

There are 15 teams who have never won a Super Bowl - including Philadelphia

14. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Also including my own Cleveland Browns, who have managed to stink as much as possible after being reconstituted as an expansion team. And Belichik used to be in Cleveland...