Paul Hunter Dies

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Jaffa Cake, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Blimey – I've just read on the BBC that top snooker bloke Paul Hunter has lost his battle with cancer.

The 'Beckham of the baize' was only a few days away from his 28th birthday. :(

2. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Terrible news, it really is.

My thoughts are undoubtedly with his wife and young child. I feel sure that he would have gone on to win a World Championship to add to his 3 Masters titles, had he not been struck down with this illness.

R.I.P. Paul! :(

3. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I'll add to this as a talented young man needs remembering by more than two people. I was shocked when I saw it this morning. 27 years - very sad - my thoughts to his family.

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Very sad indeed. It really 'hit home' about just how young he was when I found out he was only three days older than me.

R.I.P.

5. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't even watch Snooker but this is very sad news. The guy, I believe, was touted as an excellent player and 27 is just too young. Very sad :(

7. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I saw this yesterday too - very sad news. He was a talented player, and will be missed. My thoughts are with his family.

8. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

This was sad news when i heard about it. He seemed to be a genuine guy on TV and was a great player. He will be soarly missed by all who saw him.

9. ~L~ macrumors member

Truly a great player, and one whose play I actually enjoyed watching . Thoughts are with his family. :(

10. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I read this late.
    Being in Holland, we don't read alot about snooker players, but as I love to watch snooker I am obviously shocked!
    I knew he had cancer, but I thought he was doing reasonably well. I hoped he was able to fully recover... but very sadly, not :(