Paul Thurrott at CES

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darwin, Jan 14, 2004.

1. macrumors 65816

Darwin

This is my first thread so go easy on me :D

I've tried to put this in the right forum so if I got it wrong I no for next time

Anyway this is a guy called Paul Thurrott who has his own website deicated to Windows, some of you may no of him for being a bit biased

Well this is what he had to say about MacWorld

what do you guys think?

2. macrumors regular

3. macrumors 6502a

They guy is very biased against Mac.

However, I have to say that this wasn't a particularly impressive Macworld. I was expecting new Power Macs, and the Mini should be $199, not $249.

That said, Gates just looked stupid announcing the "Portable Media Player" that "fits in your pocket". Yeah, it's very slim. :rolleyes:

I think Steve's got some pretty cool things lined up for the end of this month, and they're just trying to break the "new products at macworld" pattern for buyers.

4. macrumors 604

scem0

This guy is very biased, but if I were to dwell over every biased PC user and every biased Mac user, then let's just say that I would dwell a lot. ;)

There are idiots on both sides of the spectrum, the best thing to do is just ignore them.

scem0

5. macrumors 6502

matthew24

IPhoto, Garageband (impressive), the new XServe, Office 2004, Mini Ipod, FinalCut Express 2!!! It was great, only small dissapointment; No new PowerMac (can wait, be real) and IMac. Apple keeps innovating in an impressive pace, to call MWSF boring is totally absurd.

2004 will be a great Apple year!

6. macrumors 68040

MattG

Pffft. Yeah, and when has Microsoft ever given anything away for free?

7. macrumors G3

errrrr... IE :p but then, think how pi$$ed you'd be if you had to pay it.... :eek: :p

8. macrumors 68040

MattG

Allow me to rephrase:

Pffft. Yeah, and when has Microsoft ever given away anything good for free?

;)

9. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

well the guy is biased but it was one of the worst keynotes in awhile if you were expecting something other then a new mp3 player. I know apple is getting away from keynote releases but it wasnt all that great to me. i had changed my work schedule that day for it. I wish i hadnt.:rolleyes:

10. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

While the iPod mini was interesting (and think given the current pricing of the competition, well priced). Could have there been more? Yes IMO. But the 20th anniversary year is still young. The 24th is just around the conner, and who knows what surprises Apple may have in store.