Paula Radcliffe wins NY Marathon

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

Feb 20, 2004
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Hopefully going a small way to rid those deamons from within.
    Nice one.
  2. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Even though it wasn't as fast as her WR London time... I think that was probably her finest race ever ;) to come back after Athens and race again with less than 10 weeks prep is pretty incredible, and she was matched up against some talent today!

Incredibly awesome over the last 600 metres... :eek: ;) :D
  3. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

Feb 20, 2004
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    For an athlete who doesn't normally have a finishing sprint, to break away like that after such a deadlock was just marvelous. Borderline perfect.:D

More power to the lady
  4. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    good to see her getting over the disaster of athens. i have no idea how anyone can sprint finish after 25 and a bit miles. let alone run 26 miles!
  5. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2002
    Hold up. She's white! Where's the international cry that there was doping involved?
  6. evoluzione macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be
    haha, yeah them africans can sure as hell run can't they?? quite what paula's doing there with them i don't know ;)

great to see her back in form, i forgot all about the marathon today, it'll certainly be a day for celebration back at home. my next door neighbour was running in it also, he flew over the other day, the route actually goes pretty much right past my old apartment too...

damn, can't believe i forgot, mind you i didn't realise it was sunday today hehe
  7. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I'm very happy for Paula Radcliffe on her triumphant win at the New York Marathon. Good to see that her courage maintained her spirit. Her win was quite a feat over the Kenyans. Here in Boston they have been dominate in the Marathon for over a decade. They usually come in at 1, 2, & 3.
  8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    She ROCKS. Best female distance runner on the planet. No two ways about it!