Payment method as debit card?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mandark100, Dec 5, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Can I use debit card to purchase items from iTunes Music Store or App Store? I do not have any credit card so wanted to use an Indian debit card. I am a holder of debit card of some bank in India. Is this possible? Once, when I'd tried to use debit card Apple declined to accept it showing me a message 'Invalid Card Number'. Why did this happen?

2. macrumors demi-god

firedept

I would suggest buying iTunes cards locally and going that route. Save yourself the hassle.

3. macrumors 6502

ChrisMan287

4. macrumors regular

probably because apple is not taking in international credit cards. the best route is to indeed buy itunes card.
    -if they are available in India locally, that should be the easiest route.
    -if not, try ebay.
    -and if you have friends in other country, ask them to buy one for you and send you a code. you can pay them via paypal, etc.

5. macrumors member

Debit cards I don't think so,you can use an Indian Credit Card in the Indian iTunes Store.

6. thread starter macrumors member

So, if I try to use an Indian debit card in Indian App Store or iTunes Store will it work?

7. macrumors demi-god

firedept

Most likely not. I can not use a debit card in Canada in iTunes Store or App Store. Credit Card only. That's why I suggested buying an iTunes card and going that route!

----------

I believe that option is only available to the US. I also believe that is due to the fact Apple is US based and so are you. Another example is PayPal which is US based. Being in Canada I can only receive Canadian funds into my bank account even though I accept US funds on sales and have a US currency bank account. I am sure there are laws associated with it but am not totally familiar with them. Really sucks because I have to pay an exchange rate to convert to CDN from US. Worst thing is I am US citizen, transplanted in Canada and even that does not work to my advantage.

8. macrumors newbie

I am also an indian resident and want to buy some apple products. Can you please help that how I can buy from my indian credit cards or is there any other way out to buy the products directly from apple?

----------

I am also an indian resident and want to buy some apple products. Can you please help that how I can buy from my indian credit cards or is there any other way out to buy the products directly from apple?