payments on iphone applications

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by itai, Jun 27, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Does anyone know why iphone applications such as amazon.com and myAT&T are not being charged by Apple the developer fee (30% or 40% can't remember) when making payments through them? For example, I can pay my AT&T bills or buy on the Amazon app, but Apple is not taking any share from it.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 65816

Because they're not In-App Purchases within the guidelines of the developer agreement. Neither of the things you mentioned add anything to the content of the app.

3. thread starter macrumors member

I see...so let's say I want to develop an app where users can use credits that they bough on the website. For example, I have a site for shoes, and you can buy them only if you first bug credits. Can you use these credits to buy a pair of shoes on the iphone without getting charged then? From your answer, it seems like this should not be a problem...right?

Could you please point me to the right place where this is stated? I really looked everywhere in their docs and could not find it.

Thanks!

4. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Start here developer.apple.com

All the documentation you need to produce an application can found there.

5. thread starter macrumors member

I read it all - they dont say anything about who needs it and who doesn't. Kinda of a bummer...

6. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member