Paypal broke my flash...don't what to do.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by StephanK, Mar 12, 2006.

1. StephanK macrumors newbie

Having a flash problem. Everything was running just fine then paypal wanted me to install some flash (MacBook Pro). After I did that...everything broke and went haywire. I have tried to reinstall...but does not work. I have pasted the error I am getting. Any help will be great.

The page “Mac Forums - Post New Thread” has content of MIME type “application/x-shockwave-flash”, but you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer

Do you want to open the page?

2. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Haha, looks like you walked into a PayPal exploit.

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, this has been a problem for most people that bought an Intel Mac. This info was givin to me by JSW and MacRumorUser, with a big thank you. All you really need to do is download http://formymac.com/MR/plugins.zip, unzip it (it'll unzip to a folder named "Internet Plug-Ins", so don't unzip it in your Library folder, else it'll replace your "Internet Plug-Ins" folder), and copy the "Flash Player.plugin" file from that unzipped folder into your "Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" folder.

You might or might not want to save the new Flash plugin you'll be replacing, but I doubt it.
    This works just fine or I'd still be pulling my hair out ;) :D

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Not quite but someday Macromedia will get this right for Intel Macs ;)

5. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Oh, didn't see that this is for an Intel Mac. Anyways, why would PayPal break it, there is no flash on the site at all!

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

After installing Studio 8 on my 20" Intel iMac my flash (plug-in) went crazy and I had to install a new flash plug-in that JSW and MacRumorUser helped me with and now my Core Duo is happy :D

7. StephanK thread starter macrumors newbie

8. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

yup, macromedia/adobe didnt do much testing before they rolled the UB out