Paypal can suck it...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by slabbius, Sep 29, 2006.

1. slabbius macrumors member

Ok, so I'm a student and I needed to buy a Panasonic AG-HVX200 for a production that I am shooting. I find a rather nice ebay retailer the sells it for cheap. I try to buy but paypal won't accept my bank card because it has a limit of $5000 and my purchase is for $6000. So I try an echeck. Cool. But now it says the payment will clear Oct 3. Not cool. I call the bank and they tell me I need to go to the branch of my account and ask them in person to do an increase on my daily limit. They did. So I call up retailer and tell him cancel the last transaction and sends a new invoice so I can pay him on paypal via my bank card. He says ok and away I go. Now I have my new paid invoice and I try to cancel the eCheck just to find out that I can't and no matter what I do paypal will try to withdraw $6000 for a canceled transaction on top of the actual payment of $6000 for the second invoice. I called my bank and they said because of the circumstances there is nothing they can do since the transaction hasn't occured yet for the eCheck and nothing can be done until it is returned and only then can I put a stop payment on it. UGH! :mad:

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

3. slabbius thread starter macrumors member

and did I mention a stop payment costs me $36... what a ishhy day

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

ouch

5. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

i got ripped from Paypal too. I bought a 1st gen ipod that would not turn on due to firewire port becoming unsoddered, and the seller would not refund me. Paypal didn't do **** with their conflict system.

6. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i've only dealt with PayPal once and it was problem-free transaction. however, i have heard a lot of complaints about it - perhaps you should try another service (i don't know of any, but there have to be options).

it sucks to have to pay more than you should have to, especially to the bank. i hate when they sneak those hidden fees in there.

7. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

As a software distributer/creator I use Plimus among a few others for handling payment. I steer well clear of PayPal.

8. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

I probably use PayPal at least 5-6 times a day for various things, and I've only had problems needing a phone call 3-4 times, once when my account was 'hacked', once when they locked me out on a fraud suspicion (which I cleared) and twice (actually in the last week) for frigged up eChecks which they goofed up on a foreign transaction and I wound up having to cancel my bank account to avoid an overdraft fee.