Paypal help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bearbo, Jan 22, 2007.

1. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    so it seems no one wants to buy my for sale items for whatever reason, so i decided to mess with ebay (and paypal) but i'm kinda confused on some fee issues regarding paypal.

1. from the fine print of the paypal fee table page, i saw this "Personal accounts may not receive payments funded by credit card, debit card or Buyer Credit for eBay or eBay Express transactions without upgrading to Premier or Business accounts."... what would happen if i sell an item on ebay, and the buyer decided to pay via credit card, do i then have to upgrade to receive that money? or if i dont put credit card as an option, the person then is forced to use his or her paypal to pay me? what if he or she decided to use credit card in his ore her paypal, does that still count as a credit card transaction?

2. if i have 5 credit card transaction, but i don't want to upgrade my account, and someone decided to send me money via credit card, will they get a notice that i cannot receive credit card transaction, or will i be forced to upgrade?

i think these are my questions so far...

just now i accidentally posted, thanks for checking back, those of you that did!
  2. furious macrumors 65816

Aug 7, 2006
    I don't use paypal. What I do is use direct deposit. With the prevalence of internet banking, you get the money next day and lower fees. Sometimes the fees are nil. You would have to talk to your everyday bank for help setting up internet banking.
  3. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    okay, i'm done correcting my posting error just now :)

to furious: thanks for the tip, i'll look that up
  4. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    Yes, you'd need to upgrade if they paid with a CC.
    Yes, if the buyers PP account is linked to a CC then is is still counted as a Credit Card transaction.
  5. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    what if i(or can i ) indicate that i will not accept CC payment?
  6. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    You can say "No CC payments accepted".
    Just put a comment in the Payment requirements.
  7. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    by your experience, should i do that? i mean if i put no CC accepted, doesn't that turn away potential buyers? should i just upgrade to premier and start paying the fees?

is there a monthly fee or whatever that i have to pay to upgrade to premier account? or it is still free like the personal account, but i just have to pay transaction fee for paypal transactions non-cc as well?
  8. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Sep 25, 2004
    There are absolutely no fees when it comes to upgrading a paypal account from a personal to a premier/business account. Monthly fees are only applicable when you activate virtual terminal.. so don't worry.. just upgrade.

Yes, people do prefer to pay with Credit cards via paypal, so you would lose out on a lot of sales if you advertised 'e-checks only' (i.e. bank transfer via paypal)
  9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    e-checks are different than direct instant bank transfer. Paypal tries to make you use the direct bank transfer, lots of people use this but I would still upgrade your account for simplicity sake
  10. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    I wouldn't buy from a seller who does not accept CCs. At least in the UK CCs are legally obliged to offer a lot more in the way of buyer protection so I always use them when buying anything online.
  11. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2005
    It's free to upgrade, but once you upgrade you have to pay incoming transaction fees. I think it is 30 cents plus 2.9% or something.
  12. atulperx macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2007
    Paypal Help

Yes we hav to pay some amount to recieve money .YOU SHOULD VISIT THERE FOR MORE specific INFORMATION .
  13. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Jan 15, 2007
    PayPal takes a fee from any incoming payments. (the bigger the payment, the more they take) There aren't any monthy fees associated with having a PayPal Premier account.