Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
I use paypal online invoicing the most and do in person card swipe with the card reader. I would actually like Apple to have their own and hopefully be cheaper. Paypal just went up to 2.9% (was 2.7%) and 30 cents per swipe and online invoicing. Not bad but would love to see what Apple could do.

Dwolla my friend. Transactions $10 and under, free. Anything else, $.25, period. They did over a billion in transactions last year.

For those who say, but it's another account, blah blah blah. No different the PayPal, but they don't make you bend over.

Joshwa1

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2014
Forget about "kicking the tires". It is time to jump in with both feet. One of the reasons I don't use Paypal on the phone is that they want you to remember your password. Given how many passwords we all have, it is virtually impossible to keep track of all of them for the occasional payment I make with PayPal.

You can actually use your phone number to log in with a 4 digit PIN number. That it's not hard to remember at all.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
I would like to be able to go to a website, enter my email or username then their app on my iphone sends me an alert to put my touchid into the app. Then my account logs in on my computer. This way my phone and fingerprint is the only way to log into my accounts online, the security enhancement would be remarkable.

joshwenke

Suspended
Mar 26, 2011
Ajys7U5.png

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
What happens when the iPhone is restarted?
I know current implementation of TouchID forces you to re-enter your unlock password and iTunes password before TouchID will work again.

Just wondering if 3rd party apps such as PayPal will require re-entering the password in this case.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I knew i wouldn't be long till third party's came on board after the keynote with iOS 8.. :)

Apple just better know what they are doing by giving third party access while still maintain security as they are now.

I would have bet even if Apple could have given access before, they wouldn't have for security reason...

So, what has changed ?

jjhny

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2005
So when my biometric data gets hacked - how am I supposed to change that?

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
PayPal 'Kicking the Tires' on Integrating Touch ID Into its Mobile Apps

Looks like a new era for us PayPal users, at least if Apple can assure the security of this well enough.

hansonjohn590

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2013
Forget about "kicking the tires". It is time to jump in with both feet. One of the reasons I don't use Paypal on the phone is that they want you to remember your password. Given how many passwords we all have, it is virtually impossible to keep track of all of them for the occasional payment I make with PayPal.

You mean an application containing sensitive financial information expects a high degree of security? Mind blowing. /s

zencowboy

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Dwolla my friend. Transactions $10 and under, free. Anything else, $.25, period. They did over a billion in transactions last year.

For those who say, but it's another account, blah blah blah. No different the PayPal, but they don't make you bend over.

Thanks for the tip. Looking into dwolla:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.