PB 17" or MB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nickelbackmac, Jul 18, 2006.

1. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

Which one should I buy, now that I have an extra $1200 at hand?

17" PB 1ghz SuperDrive 8x, 512MB, 60GB HD

or

MB white?

2. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I can't believe those 17 inch powerbooks are so cheap now. I want one. For you it depends what you want to do with it.

3. nickelbackmac thread starter macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

They're $1,099.00 at macofalltrades.com, where I bought my first Mac, so i can trust them. I lke to watch, create, and burn DVDs, which they both do that. I like the big screen, though I have not seen a picture of a real MB or went into a store yet, but I am going on the 26th. I just can't decide which one is better.

4. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

It really depends what you want to do with it. I just traded from a macbook to a powerbook and I'm loving every minute of it. The 13" screen is small, but fairly high resolution for its size. If you plan on just running universal apps I'd go with the macbook.

If you're going for the powerbook though check out this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2625745 ... Great price for that comp.

5. JosiahPB macrumors regular

I would definately see if I could test on out maybe around the house or business for a couple of days. That's how I came to my conclusion on my PowerBook a couple of years ago.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

wait, you're deciding between a macbook and a 1 Ghz powerbook? 1.5-1.67 Ghz 17" powerbooks are going in the $1200 range on craigslist; that's waaaaay overpriced for a 1 Ghz.

I can't see how there's honestly any question here; the macbook is a better buy in so many ways and for so many reasons.

7. nickelbackmac thread starter macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

I now agree. Just got back from the Apple Store with my new BlackBook :D

8. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

yeah that price actually saddens me but it sure is a helluva deal. That is my old powerbook that i payed just shy of $4k for in 2004. sad how the intel-macs have destroyed resale value huh?