PB 17" production to start end of Feb.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nanosound, Feb 19, 2003.

1. nanosound macrumors regular

Has anyone seen the article on O'Grady's Powerpage?

http://www.powerpage.org/

Sounds like they will be shipping them early March. But some people have posted that they have received them. Is this possible?

2. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

From the message boards I've read, it seems like delay was due to a problem acquiring the memory chips for the 17-inch.

3. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

The memory situation is the first thing I've heard that would make sense. My order status still says shipping on or before tomorrow (20 Feb).

However, a 512MB chip isn't available from Crucial.com and their support can't tell me when it will be in and call it "strange" that they are not in stock. I guess I'll have to wait on upgrading.

4. LosJackal macrumors member

Hey FlamDrag! So does mine!

I thought I was the only one. I read about a guy whose was changed to 3/21.

I too am replacing a Pismo 500. Small world.

<crossing fingers>

5. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

6. janey macrumors 603

janey

i already have a 17" pb on my desk doesn't quite belong to me (see the 17" powerbook thread for more) and one that says it's gonna ship on or before 2/20. i got it the day steve announced it.

7. LosJackal macrumors member

Well, that's three of us.

See you here tomorrow for the update!

8. filipp macrumors regular

Ok, how many times have you posted this, übergeek? 10? I thing everyone in the forum already knows that you have one, that you got it same day as SJ announced it and that you have ordered another.

Can you please come with something more informative next time?
    thank you

/ filipp

9. Bear macrumors G3

She was being informative. She mentioned her shipping date and the fact that it hadn't been changed. (Yet?) This thread is basically about when will the 17" PowerBook actually ship.

10. filipp macrumors regular

True, Bear, all of us are thinking about our ordered 17'' mostly all the time (at least I do)

But the fact is that übergeek has one does not make ANY differance since it's a pre-production unit and does not affect the mass-production.

Sorry if I'm offensive, I'm just a bit confused.

11. Bear macrumors G3

You're right about her bragging level in some ways. Try and gage the worthyness of a post by the whole contents, not just the bragging (or whatever) piece of it.

And while it's not quite relevant to this thread, I'm still waiting for my DP1.42 I have somewhere between a half week and 2.5 weeks to wait based upon the original shipping estimate. So I know how the waiting feels.

I do know that 512MB DIMM supply issues have made for longer lead times on Macs in the past, so I find it very believeable that it would do so now.

12. filipp macrumors regular

wooops

Sorry if this get abit off-topic, but as confused as I am, I just went to a store I buyed the AirPort Extreme station.

As a switcher, I'm still stuck with my PC-laptop with 11b-card. And then I though, hey, this base station should work with PCs on the network while I wait for the PB.

Now, my discovery was that it seems like I must setup the station using a mac software. The problem is that I dont have a mac yet :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if I can set it up using webinterface (if there is any) or if there is a windows-hacked prog for that matter.

thanks
    / filipp

edit: A small correction, I do have access to a Mac, but no AirPort-enabled Mac...
    Can I use wired connection to administrate the base station?

13. janey macrumors 603

janey

It didn't come yet...it said on or before feb. 20!!!!!
    It still sayz that.
    Fine i will stop saying that...and the number of 17" powerbook threads is insane.
    whatever...
    Okay okay will it make you happy to know that the light up kb really works and it's really cool?

14. LosJackal macrumors member