pb 17 trackpad problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by wkw, Mar 11, 2005.

1. wkw
    macrumors 6502

wkw

Howdy. Having a strange problem with my new 17 1.67 powerbook. The trackpad stops responding sometimes for up to about 20 seconds or so. No matter how much I move my finger, the trackpad just doesn't respond. Anyone else having this issue?

thanks

bill

2. macrumors 6502

I have the 15" model and i dont have that problem. I hope this doesn't sound stupid or patronising but if you place two fingers on the trackpad at the same time you will notice that the cursor doesnt move - thats if your not in a document. The new trackpad detects how many fingers u place on it to perform the scrolling action.

So if you're NOT scrolling through a document/web page and u have both fingers on the trackpad the cursor will NOT move. Could that be your problem? I noticed that I was doing that because im an idiot. :eek:

Maybe just reinstall OS X and hopefully that will fix your problem.

3. wkw
    thread starter macrumors 6502

wkw

Thanks for the response. This issue is happening with one finger on trackpad though. The thing just freezes up. I can scroll a document with the arrow keys and the rest of the computer seems fine. Normal HD/processor/ram/network activity (according to my menumenters thingbob).
    The problem hasn't occured yet this morning after bootup so we'll just have to see.

bill

4. wkw
    thread starter macrumors 6502

wkw

Also, congrats on the switcheroo inlimbo. welcome to the superior computing universe known as macintosh. :p looks like you have a nicely equipped 15.

bill