PB Battery Ode (was Apple discovers wormholes?)

Discussion in 'Community' started by ohcrap, Aug 25, 2005.

1. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2005
    Sorry for the misleading title. This thread is really just an ode to Apple for getting my PB's replacement battery to my house less than 17 hours from the time the request was submitted by me on their website. 17 hours to review my information, process the order, then ship from California to Michigan.

They told me 3-5 days after processing was complete. Pshh..

I guess to add a little more meaning and interactivity to this thread, has anyone else replaced their recalled 'Book batteries? If so, how long did it take to receive?

Also, a quick question (and I would NEVER do this to Apple), but what happens if I refuse to send my recalled battery back to them? I am only asking because I could not find that info on Apple.com and I was just curious how they handle those situations. Again, Apple has been nothing but great to me so I'd never think of not going along with my end of the deal. Not in a million years. :)
  2. ohcrap thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2005
    Oh, and was anyone else's replacement battery shipped to them partially charged? Mine has 2 of 5 lights on it's meter lit up when I press the button. Is that OK? Does anyone know if I still need to calibrate this battery?
  3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Oh. I thought this thread was going to be the revelation of how Apple found and exploited rips in the space-time continuum to support their marketing claims that the G5 was the fastest computer on the planet...
  4. ohcrap thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2005
    Oh, I only wish I knew how fast the G5 was. Too bad I spent all my money on this damn Powerbook G4. :D
  5. pammyspyce macrumors regular

Jul 29, 2005
    Bay Area, Calif
    My spare battery came partially charged, but it was a "refreshed" item.
  6. ohcrap thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2005
    Most important, I need to know this, if anyone can tell me. Thanks. :)
  7. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

Mar 14, 2005

Why don't you just calibrate it anyway?
  8. ohcrap thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2005
    Wow, I'm just trying to get a yes or no answer. I'm going to calibrate it, obviously, just curious if it was necessary or if, for some reason, Apple took care of this before sending them out. That's all..