PB Being Fixed: Think I might get iLife '05?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by t300, Jan 20, 2005.

1. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

So a few of you might have read my thread last week about a constant kernal panic I had...Well, long story short, I took it to the Genius bar and the guy said that the hd was all messed up and that we had to erase it and start over. Needless to say, it wouldn't even erase, and so he knew that the hd was totally fried in my Powerbook G4. So here's my question...He said it is going to be shipped back with just an operating system. Would that be an operating system with iLife, I do hope...Now, what do you think the chances are that it might come back with iLife '05? Slim to none or good?

2. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

well that depends I guess on whether or not new computers purchased from apple are preloaded with iLife '05, or if that is only currently happening with the Mac mini's? I was under the impression it only shipped with the mini's as of yet.

3. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

SO true...Hadn't thought of that...But at the same time, If I orderd a PMG5, why shouldn't it come with iLife '05????

4. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

you'd think so wouldn't you? I just checked the store and for pb's it specifies that it comes with iLife 04', the pm's however only says iLife.

5. Bear macrumors G3

The odds are you'll get the same exact software that was installed initially and then they'll probably run Software Update. Apple's policy is to restore a system back to what it shipped with.

iLife'05 will start shipping with all new systems soon and any system that was purchased after Jan 11 can get iLife'05 for the up to date fee (if it didn't come with iLife'05 that is).