Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Does anyone know if the Lowepro CompuTrekker AW bag will fit the 15" PB? Or if anyone has any recommendations for a bag on the smaller size for my 15" pb, one camera body, three lenses, and a couple little pockets for chargers and ac adaptors, I'd be interested hearing about them.
The only thing is the bag must be just right for what I have now. I'm only going to be traveling with it. I cannot get to the airport and have to check it. I usually carry my timbuk2 messenger for my laptop and then also my camera bag, but this is kind of getting out of hand.
I would really love to see a camera bag that holds a laptop that actually separates so I can use the laptop part alone and leave the camera at home from time to time.

Thanks!

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
jessica. said:
Does anyone know if the Lowepro CompuTrekker AW bag will fit the 15" PB? Or if anyone has any recommendations for a bag on the smaller size for my 15" pb, one camera body, three lenses, and a couple little pockets for chargers and ac adaptors, I'd be interested hearing about them.
The only thing is the bag must be just right for what I have now. I'm only going to be traveling with it. I cannot get to the airport and have to check it. I usually carry my timbuk2 messenger for my laptop and then also my camera bag, but this is kind of getting out of hand.
I would really love to see a camera bag that holds a laptop that actually separates so I can use the laptop part alone and leave the camera at home from time to time.

Thanks!

I just got this bag and it fits the 15" PB perfectly. I carry two long telephotos, a body, and 3 smaller lenses too. And...there is still room for a ton of accessories and lunch!

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
carletonmusic said:
I just got this bag and it fits the 15" PB perfectly. I carry two long telephotos, a body, and 3 smaller lenses too. And...there is still room for a ton of accessories and lunch!

Am I missing something in your post? What bag would that be?

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
carletonmusic said:
I was referencing the LowePro CompuTrekker AW from the first post - sorry if that wasn't clear.

Well, it was late and if I'd read both posts a little closer I probably would have figured that out. My sorry...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
The thing about the compu bag is that it doesn't detach. It's a camera bag and a laptop bag, it'll never be one or the other.
Think University student who wants 2 for 1 but does not need to carry 2 all of the time. :)

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
jessica. said:
The thing about the compu bag is that it doesn't detach. It's a camera bag and a laptop bag, it'll never be one or the other.
Think University student who wants 2 for 1 but does not need to carry 2 all of the time. :)
It's primary purpose is as a camera, lens, and accessories holder. It has a bonus laptop pouch. The thickness difference is minimal from the version that doesn't hold a laptop. Without one present, it squishes more anyway making them almost the same bag.

note: the laptop is not protected like a tank, but it will definitely do the trick for long day trips.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I read a review on CompuTrekker AW on the other site, which said the bag gets a little spineless without the laptop in it. Also, I also read it was not confortable wearing it with the tripod attached on the tripod attachment on the bag as well. I am also looking for the SLR/Notebook back for myself as well. I have Lowepro Slingshot; but, it is only for SLR camera and lens only.

So far, I am considering the following bags:
Lowepro CompuRover AW Camera Bag
Lowepro CompuTrekker Plus AW Camera Backpack
National Geographic Earth Explorer Large Backpack (http://www.adorama.com/NGBPL.html?searchinfo=national geographic&item_no=1)
ThinkTank Airport Addicted (http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_product_ArprtAddctd.php)

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Eh, I use it 80% without the laptop inside and it works for me. I'm not sure you would want the laptop to act as a spine anyway :p

Honestly, the best way is to go to a camera store and try it out. It's got a ton of room for long lenses. I never used the included tripod thingy so I can't offer up any advice on that.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
I have a backpack to hold my camera gear, but it doesn't hold a laptop. My point is that I want a back pack that holds my laptop by day and then there is say another "pack" that attaches to the laptop backpack with my camera gear.
They exist, I've seen one a very long time ago, but google isn't helpful there.

Basically the point is not to carry my camera gear without the laptop, it's to carry the laptop without the camera gear. Something tells me that having a laptop + camera gear while trekking around for 8 hours a day in grad school is unnecessary weight to be carrying. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.