PB Case Replacement

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Thidranki, May 3, 2006.

1. Thidranki macrumors member

Thidranki

Hi all,

I busted my case pretty bad (I dropped it, and it blew out the bluetooth). Anyways, theres dents, and the case is seperating, and the screen's not in too good of shape (it wiggles in more ways than it should).

I was just wondering if Apple would charge me to replace the case, and how much it would be? Just the case, not the screen b/c that is really expensive I'm sure.

Thanks

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I've got a similar spec PB under my desk which apparently had a liquid spill in it and needs a new logic board, upper and lower cases. The repair was not covered under AppleCare and IIRC the quote was ~$900 half of which was the logic board and the other half was the cases. :(

B

3. Thidranki thread starter macrumors member

Thidranki

Thats depressing :(. I think if they try to charge me, I'm just going to sell this PB and buy a MBP.

I got an offer for $800 for it. Theres considerable damage, but 100% of the functionality is still there. Is that a good deal?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

There is no if. They will 100% charge you for it. They did not damage the computer you did.

5. Thidranki thread starter macrumors member

Thidranki

Well, interesting story, I dropped my computer ( i have such a habit of doing that, and metal cases dent/break so easily) about a month or two ago. I called Apple and said that I dropped my computer and its seperating at the seam. The guy told me he'd put it down as bad manufacturing of the case and I got off.

Drop # 2 and I need a repalcement even more badly. I think I'm just gonna sell this and get a MBP.