PB extra battery?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by smurphur, Jul 12, 2004.

1. smurphur macrumors member

Is the extra PB battery the exact same battery that you get with them anyway? I read somewhere, but can't seem to relocate it, that the extra battery you can buy are older models and don't hold a charge as long as current ones. I guess going to an Apple store could answer this pretty easily, but the closest one is 2 hours away.

Thanks,

2. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

Battery technology is always changing. The replacement that Apple sells os often the same MAH and technology of the original. That said, many other vendors sell batteries that fit powerbooks but have longer life and capacity. Check out OWC and SmallDog among others. I bought a longer life battery for my Pismo and it lasts so much longer than the Apple spec battery.

3. kbonnel macrumors 6502

I had just recently purchased an extra battery for my PB15 1.5. I asked somebody at the genius bar if they were the same, and they said yes. I looked at both batteries, and they look exactly the same (all the same numbers)

Kimo