PB G3 ****ing memory!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by solvalou, Aug 27, 2002.

1. solvalou macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm frustrated - just bought a 256 M card from ramseeker. The installation instructions on the web site say that there are two slots, top and bottom. I took the top card out (it is a 128) and put the 256 in. No problem. But where is the bottom slot? The card underneath the 128 looked nothing like a RAM card. Because it didn't, I don't want to try to remove it.

Does anyone know if the bottom slot is accessible. It has a 64 in it, which I obviously want to replace with the 128 I've freed up.

Although having 320 makes a big difference in such an old notebook, I feel I'm being cheated out of another 64 M:mad:

The computer in question is a PB G3 Bronze

2. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

I have a Pismo PowerBook, so it might be the same or similar:

You have to take off the heat sink and shield and unplug the actual processor card. It is on the bottom of the processor card.

Hope this helps.

3. JonD macrumors member

Hmm, I can't seem to find information about the bottom slot on a Bronze keyboard PB G3 on Apple's site. I found info about Pismo, which I have, but not Bronze. They almost seem to imply that what is in the bottom slot is unchangeable and is determined by what you initially bought the computer with.

Here's all I found: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58325

4. solvalou thread starter macrumors newbie

Thus spake Zarathustra!!!!:D

Thanks......I've just had a couple of glasses of wine, so I think I'll leave any radical surgery till tomorrow!

Despite my low power system, Jag is quite snappy. And since I moved up from OS 8.6, its stability is amazing. And those iApps:D

5. solvalou thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah Jon, that was the unfortunate conclusion I was coming to.

And I can't buy a 512M, cause I don't think my system can address that much memory