PB G4 battery issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shaduu, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Right, about 4 months or so ago my Powerbooks battery stopped wanting to charge. I've narrowed this down to a faulty battery or a PMU problem. Ether way I'd just like your opnions in this, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I had something similar happen to my ibook battery a few weeks ago. More than likely, it's dead. I found a used battery on ebay for 30 dollars so that was good.

Look around, you might find a deal.

3. Spectrum macrumors 6502a

Spectrum

Did you try resetting the PMU?

I think you turn off, remove battery, and hold down the power button for a couple of "bongs".

Look here

4. Shaduu thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Will a PMU reset affect anything I wouldn't want it to, such as network configs or HDD files?

5. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

I had the same problem earlier this year, and I point out that we have the same computer model that is nearly the same age. That said, I tried resetting the PMU to no avail. Finally, I took my PowerBook to a technician, and it was determined that I required a new battery. Installing the new battery took place about two months ago, and since, I'm pleased to report, I've had no further trouble and only better performance from my new juice provider.

6. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

The PMU reset my date and time. Otherwise, my HD contents and various application preferences remained intact.

7. Shaduu thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

I'll try a PMU reset later and keep an eye out for replacement batteries. All help is much appreciated.