PB + iSight + iChat

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by DJY, Nov 15, 2004.

1. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

How do you get Nicole Kidman, Karl Lagerfield, and Baz Luhrmann in one place for the final fittings of the Chanel No. 5 mini feature movie?

Why via Apple products of course!

Was watching The Making Of... on television.

Initially saw the head of the house of Chanel with a nice shiny PB on his desk...
    but then when they needed to get the designer (Karl Lagerfield) with the actress (Nicole Kidman), together with the Director (Baz Luhrmann)all together in London... so
    out came the shiny beautiful PB with iSight attached of course...
    so that Baz could see the Lagerfield dresses on Nicole Kidman in London in all their colour, detail and glory... without being there!

I read of the iChat at 40 000 ft story from the Apple emails...
    but why don't Apple get behind more pro-active promotion of their products / services / uses?!?!?!?!

2. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Very cool story. I don't know what I'd do without my iSight - I use it to keep in touch with all my friends who are scattered around the country and overseas - much better than a telephone. I bought myself and my father iSights for father's day a few years ago - he and I are much closer now as a result. You're right about Apple needing to advertise the usage of their products more - I'm getting a bit sick of iPod advertising being all consuming.