PB LogicBoard/Superdrive woes...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rwhite1917, Jan 10, 2007.

1. rwhite1917 macrumors newbie

I brought my laptop(12" PB G4 SD 786MB, 100G) to the Apple Store because the SuperDrive wasn't burning dvd's correctly. They called me a few days later and said they needed to replace the Optical Drive....I said go for it..I have AppleCare, so it wasn't any cost to me. I got a message on my phone tonight from a Genius saying that even with the new Optical Drive it still is not burning DVD's correctly. He said, because of this, they need to replace the Logic Board...

My Question/Concern....I have lots of files/apps on my PB that I would like to keep. Is replacing the Logic Board in any way going to endanger stuff on my hard drive? Does having the Logic Board replaced mean my Hard Drive will be affected? In other words, should I be concerned about all my stuff?

(In retrospect, I'm stupid and should have backed up everything onto a new external HD I got for x-mas anyway! But little did I know when I brought my PB into the Apple store they'd be messing around inside my precious PB as much as they are!)

Any info/help/support would be great! Thanks!

-rob

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Call them and ask if they still have your PB on-site. if they do, run down there with your external HD and back up your PB. they sometimes replace all the internals when the problem is not easily isolateable. Or maybe they were planning on replacing it all together. its not unheard of.