PB looks wierd

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JzzTrump22, Jul 17, 2004.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I've had my 15" PB proped up on some books for the past 3 weeks and today i read a post about how some people have problems with the PB's not being level. So i took it off the books and now it looks/feels like there is a wierd slope. It seems like the part where you rest your palms starts sloping down towards the keys. I't hard to explain. But when i look at it eye level it is perfectly straight. I guess it's just because i'm so used to typing with the back raised. But i just discovered that the laptop does not sit perfectly straight. There is a very slight wobble between the top left and bottom right corners. Not noticble when typing, you actually have to move those 2 corners to see the wobble. I read there is a way to fix it sometimes by making the PB hot and hopfully causing the alluminum to sort of "melt" back into place. Don't know if it's true.

2. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I used to have a 15"PB, i sold it to a friend. I never liked the PB, i alwas thought that the iBook is better looking. My other friend after seeing me using apple feel in love with them and went and got a 17" PB. Its really good but it will be the one i want. I travel a lot and i dont really need that much power. Ayway my friend who i sold tha 15" PB to is happey with it. There is some screen problems althou its not apples fault (he droped some beer on it).

My iBook is the best, it dose everything that a the PB dose, i got the Superdive version. If you dont like the PB just get an iBook, i may be biased btu i like it.

3. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm not saying in anyway that i don't like my machine. I love it. I was just pointing out some things that i am experiencing and that other people might have experienced too. I love this machine. I could never consider downgrading after using such an amazing machine.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

No way.

I had the same problem. (uneven PB) I sent it in to Apple, and they bent the bottom case back to being flat for me. No problems. It has since warped again ever so slightly. Not enough to send it back again though. There are several others on the boards here who have had the same problem. If it bugs you enough, call Apple, and they should fix it for you.

And btw, The PB, is way better looking than the iBook. The white is just tacky looking, esp after it gets dirty, and brown. Aluminum is SO much better.

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Personally, I think that my 15 inch Aluminum PowerBook is the epitome of style in a laptop. I cannot think of a single way to improve the design. Granted there have been a few engineering glitches, mostly the screen latch and levelness needing a little work, but nothing major. I think that Apple has a perfectly functioning G5 PowerBook, but Jon Ive can't make a better looking PowerBook and Steve wants something new, but doesn't like any of the designs so far. That's the ONLY reason we don't have one on the market right now. ;)