PB newbie needs help with shopping list.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bopat, Mar 9, 2005.

1. bopat macrumors newbie

Mar 7, 2005
    Hi all,

I just bought a 12" rev. A PB (867 Mhz) yesterday. I have a little money to spend and would like to know what I should spend on first. So, thought I'd show you my tentative shopping list. Of course, I don't plan on spending money on all this stuff at once :D ...hence any help with prioritizing would greatly be appreciated.

1. 512 MB RAM in place of the 128 that's occupying the (only) free RAM slot. Which brand? From where? I was thinking of Kingmax from Newegg.
    2. Battery- I have a feeling that I will need to get another one sometime later this year. I don't think my present one will last more than 2-2.5 hours (haven't tried it out though). Please let me know of good places to get batteries!!

1. Case/sleeve - I think I am going to pick up the timbuk2 sleeve locally from a store.
    2. SreenSaver/protector - sometime in the near future.

1. MS OFFICE 2004. - this is a must for me.
    2. Stuff from the cool/free apps thread :)

If you can think of anything else in these 3 departments, please do let me know so that I can add them to my list....

Thanks all. Peace.
  2. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

Oct 19, 2004
    This thread, among others, has some good ideas for accessories and software.